 Castle / 14089
Re: A Wishlist (or mini-figs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:49:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.castle, Yaron Dori writes:

No Ninja (as far as I think it's not Castle, never have been and never will be)

Personally, I did like the Ninja line very much.  The only thing not Castle
about it was that it was Eastern, which made a great Trade Caravan
destination for my own Castle merchants.  You could also say that Dragon
Masters was not "true Castle", since it went off the fantasy deep end.
Ninja was the attempt made by LEGO to do more Castles of the world, and a
darn fine job too.  Great features, parts, play value, accessories and colors!

I just wanted to add a "me too" to this.  I love the Ninja sets and wish
they'd made more.  I'd also love other themes like Arabian Knights (remember
those great MOCs on 1000Steine.de a couple months back), Greek/Roman/Trojan
War/Olympian Gods, Vikings (with some Norse Gods thrown in), and perhaps
other eras.  We've already got some Ancient Egypt stuff through the
Adventurers line, but more would be cool.

Oh, on Dragon Masters not being "true castle" because it has fantasy
elements, you also left out Fright Knights and any set with a ghost or
skeleton fig.

Bruce

I like my bones!
Well skeletons make good dungeon victims, and aren't necessarily animated,
so we can leave them to the realm of reality.  Ghosts...  Well they are a
bit fantasy, unless you put one of those dastardly forestmen under the
ghostly mantle to scare the castle maidens.  I think that the 1980s Castle
line was attempting historical reality, and Dragon Masters brought dragons
and magic to further expand mythology in the line.  Good idea from LEGO,
perhaps Harry Potter will bring us more of those creatures from Euro/Greek
mythology.
Play well,
-Aaron-