 Castle / 14066
Re: A Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:59:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ken Bailey writes:
Tudor wall pieces in different colours, notably the corner tower pieces in
yellow/black to match the red ones from the guarded inn, some white/black
parts or maybe tan with brown markings.

Yes, to the yellow corners, white and tan variations.  One doesn't want
hundreds and hundreds of these, but several of each color would prove useful
esp. for smaller structures.

While you wait, try this link and the white patterns found there:
http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/gi/givariant.html
dark grey or black walls are best I think.  And with stickers you don't have
to fear for your elements, you can always peel off the sticker and/or excess
adhesive with Goof-off or just plain old warm water (depends on the
printable sticker material you use). [In case you wondered, that is an old
pre set #10000 webpage.]

The lion head piece in light grey (I know its available in dark grey in the
studio monster lab).

Yes, these elements are cool for lion gates.  Again, several are sure to be
useful.

I would have loved to have had the roof plastic card parts from the Potter
castle to have been printed on the 4x6x6 sloped panel (part 30516) like they
printed the wall sections for the Ninja sets, that would have been of far more
use.

Yes, or they could have updated the old shingled Fabuland element.

And what about a new part, I like the Half cone roofpiece 6x8x9 that comes with
the Potter castle, but combining two back to back results in an oblong shape, I
would like to see a similar piece maybe 12x6x9 so that putting two together
ends up with a square 12x12 shape.

I think someone may have made this comment before (except that I think I
asked that the designer of the current element be fired too =) ). I'm not
really clear why they didn't just update the old Majisto half octagon roofs
for these sets.  New elements are cool to a degree, but why not just reuse
the old stuff too?  Anyway, I think the HP roof is just the Belville roof in
another color -- not positive here though.

I love these kinds of lists, BTW.  It really gets my juices flowing for
stuff I cannot yet create because of one thing or another.  I note that your
list is more focused on unusual or single-use type elements though.  Here
are some more common elements that we are desperately in need of and are not
necessarily even castle specific:

Slopes:
2x2x3 75 double convex (corner) -- all colors, but esp. red and black
2x2x2 75 quadrupal convex (cap) -- all colors, but esp. red and black
2x2x3 75 regular -- all colors, but esp. red and black
1x2x3 75 regular -- all colors, but esp. red and black
1x2x3 75 inverted -- all colors
2x2x2 65 regular -- all colors
2x2x1 45 inverted double convex (corner) -- all colors
3x3x1 33 double convex -- all colors, but esp. red, black, and blue
2x4x1 18 regular -- all colors

Wished for slopes that do not exist:
2x2x2 33 quadruple convex (cap) -- all colors, but esp. red, black, and blue
3x3x1 33 double concave (inside corners) -- all colors, but esp. red, black,
and blue
1x2x? 75 double inverted (gable) -- all colors, but esp. red and black
1x2x? 75 triple (gable facade) -- all colors, but esp. red and black
2x2x? 75 double concave (inside corners) -- all colors, but esp. red and black

Surely, there are more slopes that should be available -- but even a ready
supply of the more common designs would be a big help.

A lot of the real fun is in the more basic elements, if they were more
available.

-- Hop-Frog