 Castle / 12700 (+100)
  Re: My Sticker Printer version 1 is released

Doesn't seem to work for me (Windows XP). I get the .ocx error. Followed the directions on your bug report listing and the same still occurs. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Sticker Printer version 1 is released

(...) Could you specify what file it said was not installed? .ocx files are Active X componets that are used by Visual Basic for the different items in the interface. My program uses them to display the common open file dialog. With me not knowing (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Knight to Remember

id betcha very few people have read it because of a few big reasons. 1) the length. my reading list of printed material is very short and very elite because of my college reading list (a history major and all). to take on a 100+ pg document is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: {•ž•} Diggin' up old dead topics… {•ž•}

wow, i never thought there would be such interesting stuff that id didn't know!! so far it looks great! plus to see my name on some FAQ's.. HA! does this mean i get mutuated timmy minifigs? as for the question on most wanted pieces: 1)black sword (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Knight to Remember

(...) Alright, I've addressed a few of these issues in previous posts, but I'll do so again. 1.) Pictures: I am going to be putting pictures into this story but, as the route message stated, it was a pain in the @88 to do so on the StarWriter (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Stickers

Basically, I use my brain and Photoshop, which I still have a lot to learn about.... I'm thinking I need to watch a few more movies so I can get more ideas for torsos though... I'm starting to draw a blank on what I want to try and draw... So I'll (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Sticker Printer version 1 is released

(...) Sorry - I was brief because it was the only one you mentioned: COMDLG32.OCX. (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Update to the Chronicles of Ikros... oh wait... hmm...

Don't get your hopes up folks. The next chapter of the Chronicles of Ikros has NOT, repeat, NOT been released. However, something HAS been released. For those of you who care enough to go look, I've illustrated a non-illustrated chapter of the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

Hiya all.... OK.. I've finally finished my updates for my site, including Chapter 2..... The Village.... Sculptures.... Torso Designs...and more....!!!! So Come vist the ALL NEW KINGDOM OF ANDRASTAVIA www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia I hope you all (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: A Knight to Remember

(...) Ok, I posted a bit ago about not being overly happy with the stories, mainly for their lack of pictures and Lego-relatedness. But by my own admission I haven't read much, so I've felt rather obligated over the past few days to back up what (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

Great work as always! /Elin (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Stickers

I think they are great Tamy. You might find it easier to design them in fireworks or illustrator tho. Its a bit more to get your head around but they are designed for this sort of thing rather than photoshop which is great for photos :) It's also (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes: [ snip ] Hey! That's pretty good for a fantasy setting! I'm guessing a lot of Harry Potter and Forestmen parts went into it, right? Lemme guess, Diagon Alley sets and the like? Just my two brickz... <<_Matt (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Wow, this is fantastic! The site's design in great, and so is the content. I enjoyed Chapter 2. The picture editing was excellent. You created a nice sense of action in your pictures, from the fighting on the battlefield to the bustle of the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Great creation! I think my favorite little detail is the variety of little potion bottles on the counters. Hey, shouldn't you be busy on LotR models? :) Bruce (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Wow! Great site. I hadn't been there previously and need to go back and spend more time looking at all the details. Bruce (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Bruce, Thanks for the compliments, I've found that I like the detailing of structures a little more than the actual construction, so the little bottles and the like were the most fun. I am working on Tolkien again. The workshop was built almost (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Matt, Thanks a bunch. I really don't have many Harry Potter sets, I got most of the pieces from bricklink, but I am a fiend for Forestmen and dark forest sets! I always appreciate two bricks worth! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) I for one love it! Some of your detail work has come out very nice indeed. I especially like the jewels-in-bottles, the cabinetry and especially the clear 1 x 1 with clear gem cap - it makes a perfect small bottle! (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

I like this a lot! Your detailed interior (especially that bookshelf) are very inspirig for my own creations. The tree is freat too. And I really need to get myself one of those green doors too! cheers Magnus (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

"Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GtpExD.Lqt@lugnet.com... (...) You've got some fantastic detail in there Jon. I love the clutter and the bottles everywhere. It gives it a great feel of a working environment. I also (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Great MOC. :-) I like the idea of the tree/rock design. The interior has a really nice lived-in look, and a nice balance of clutter and organization. You've done some clever things with the furniture such as the use of angled plates in the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Stickers

(...) Thanks, I thought it was a program of that caliber. You seem to have made good use of PS, despite any inexperience. (and, of course, good use of your imagination. ;-) (...) Yeah, the town-heads deserve some variety too. (...) They're very good (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Jon, I love it, it's such a great, cluttered, magical workshop. Where did you get all the brown hinge pieces? Thanks, George (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Thanks, I spent a lot of time working on bottles for my wild west saloon. Actually most of my stuff is borrowed or stolen from a Wild West design in some way! Thanks for the nice compliments! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Magnus, Thank you for your compliments. I've often drawn inspiration from your (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

THank you James, It took some time to get the engineering of those doors just right! I always imagined a Wizard to be a little more on the cluttered side so I just kind of "Strewed" everything about! Thank you for the compliments. Jon (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Sticker Printer version 1 is released

(...) Hello, What kind of sticker paper is required for the sticker printing? (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Leah, I agree It would be a better move to use plates instead of bricks on the rock. I did that with "bag end", but this model was constructed a while ago (actually, it no longer exists) and I waited for a break between tolkien projects to post it! (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

George, I got most of my Brown hinge pieces from Wild West sets! I'm not certain how many other themes have them but fort Legoredo has a bunch. Thanks for your compliments. Jon (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Thanks for your kind words, I only wish I could get pics more up to your standard. BTW, I forgot to say also that I really like how you used the printed brick pieces on the inside of the workshop (as opposed to the outside), I'll need to do (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) While I've got my Orthanc built I have to shoot pictures for the chapters "The Road to Isengard", "Flotsam and Jetsam", and "Many Partings". Then there are some less ambitious scenes I want to do. I got a whole pile of white 1x1 plates on (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

The snowstorm sounds really great! That is a great Idea for the mithril as well. Are you going to have Merry and Pippin Smoking? If so I'd love to hear some Ideas for Pipes since I've got none! I loved your orthanc by the way. I figure this is off (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

If you want an idea for pipes, I've got one I'll share, even though I kinda wanted to use it first... it's ok! take one of the space levers... bend fully, and turn upside down... instant pipe :) HTH :) Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Chronicle of Calverack

Well Athony your griffin is in the story. I did ask but you never responde to my post. I know your a nice guy so I just took it as a yes. If you dont like it or dont want it in my story then I will call it all off. These a edited pics so they look (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

(...) Highlight this one. Copy the link. paist it on your adress bar and press go. it is like typeing an adress in. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

(...) Daniel, those links you gave above are for your computer and your computer only, bud. That's the location of it on your machine. You need to upload something to the web for it to be seen. -Chris (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Wow, Kev...I love Chapter 2. It's been a long time coming, but was worth the wait. I'm all wrapped up in the story now, I need more. :-) -Chris (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Jon, this is cool! I love the interior, absolutely stunning. All the books and potions and bottles and miscellaneous things add so much to the mood. It looks like this place is actually lived in. And it seems your occupant is a bit cleaner than (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

Actually I talked to Anthony about this, and he hasn't even had the chance to use his griffin on something, what makes you think he'd allow you to use it? One would have enough common sense to think if someone built something they would like to be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

I know it's not good form to reply to myself, though the reason I'm posting this for Anthony, is that he's home for the holidays and <gasp> only has dial up available to him to right now. Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  BrickCaster: new "gallery" page

Also, the address has changed and is now: (URL) old address may be still valid for some time. Thanks all, Damien (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

(...) Can't wait to see this! :) (...) Er...maybe you should upload these images to brickshelf, then post the new link to Lugnet. Just my two brickz... <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet member No. 1112 (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicle of Calverack

(...) (URL) a link. Anthony I can uderstand why you would want to use it first. I olny wanted it in my story so I had a cool MOC like yours. Atleast read it if you still dont want it in my story than I will think of something else. The pictures I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Chris, I'm certain that the Cleanliness of a wizards in not always proportional to the magnitude with which he performs his craft! I'm a fan of Wynock of course! I agree that the exterior isn't exactly up to snuff, especially in regards to Bag End. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Happy Easter all

Hi all, Happy Easter and best wishes, Nathan JESUS IS ALIVE!!! (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

Been waiting for this since your site one 'cool site of the week'. Very nice and much appreciated. Nathan (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Happy Easter all

(...) Yeah, hope all of you get lego in your baskets! :-D ~Evan (We can say these things, right? Or is someone going to complain? :-D Ah, well, sue me!) ;) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Wow that's really cool. I've never seen a "fantasy" MOC with so much detail. Now you've inspired me to make my own type of model in this area. -Justin- (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  castle characters

Hello I had some time the past weekend and wanted to test a set of new close-up lenses I bought. Of course lego figures would be a perfect subject. Here are a few of my favorite figures. Enjoy (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  The end of the Kingdom of Ikros

I've decided to end it all. It's too much work. No one reads stories anymore. No one cares about my hours in front of my machine for each one of the pictures I create. So I'm announcing that the Chronicles of Ikros is no more. If anyone wants to (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The end of the Kingdom of Ikros

(...) Yeah, whatever. It sucked anyway. And the ending is so obvious. I can't be the only one who figured out that Ethelred is really a woman and that Garalt and the red dragon have the hots for each other. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The end of the Kingdom of Ikros

(...) anymore. (...) the funny thing about this is that I have been questioning my own story recently. Increasingly i've been having ideas for creations that would require destruction of most of my current world. this would mean essentially that the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: castle characters

(...) God Bless, Nathan (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The end of the Kingdom of Ikros

(...) Geezz!!! Don't scare us like !! I almost went nuts-- "don't read stories anymore"-- good lord, it's about all I do anymore. In the absence of space and time to tinker in my own stuff, the story tellers are about my only creative outlet. At (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Just Wondering...

Hi all, I am now safely installed in New Zealand (very different climate from Canada) and have been wondering about the Isle of Mist (which I hope to join once I get the rest of my pieces). Is it just me or does it look like a giant dragon? Is the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Thanx Elin..... its taken a while to do it all.... Kev..: ) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) I'm really glad you took the time to go through it and enjoyed it.... I love doing this type of thing.... and love to share it with everyone.... I've fixed up the mistakes.. thanx for that... Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Thanx Bruce.... there's lots there to look at, and please feel free to ask about anything... or if you want to see anything new on there let me know too Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Thanx Nathan..... I'm glad to here you have been so eager to see Chapter 2.. sorry its taken so long... I wish I had more time for lego..... well I hope you enjoy it. Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Thanx Chris..... Thanx for your patience... its taken a while to get it all together. I hope the next Chapter wont take so long.... Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I know it's been brought up before, humor me.

(...) I read them because you have threatened my life if I don't! (I'm serious folks, he's figured out where I live and sent me ticking packages!!!!) But seriously, I started reading Sava's stories when they were first posted because the idea was (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: castle characters

(...) Nice work Dave. A question.. How did you make Conner's Weapon? It looks like a halberd top, with a pick thrown in there also? Could elaborate on its construction? The rest of the figs look GREAT! Matt (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WEBSITE UPDATE for ANDRASTAVIA

(...) I've already talked to you online about this but... Your city is just so cool I gotta say something publicly! So... um.... your city is really cool! :) There, I've said it. I'll go away now. Oh, and your story is incredible, but you already (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The end of the Kingdom of Ikros

:P The first thing I did when I read the topic was look to see if it was posted on April 1st :) Unfortunately, I was hoping to see a link to the next 6 chapters all done at the same time :) hehehehehe plucky - eagerly awaiting more! (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  SHOP SIGNS....!!!

Dont know if anyone has had a look at my village section on my updated website but I have a section in there called CUSTOM..... and in that I have my torso designs..... and also shop signs that fit onto thos small square flags with two clips..... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

excellent, although im gonna have to ask how medieval some of those really are.. i mean, pretzels? but it would be fun for a MOC village to have stuff like that. are you planning on more custom signs? its a great way to get ideas for what and how to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

Hi! I was wondering if you sold these? I would like to buys ome if you did. Email me and we can talk. Jay (...) website (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

(...) Hey! I could *really* use signs like those! Are you selling these by any chance? They would do quite well for my proposed project... Just my two brickz... <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet No. 1112 (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Armor wanted

Is there any one who I could get black and or chrome armor from(I need one of each). The black armor comes from the single ninja fig set. If so how much would it cost me. I am also willing to trade. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  TKOI Create a Creature Contest Homepage updated, Entries needed!

The TKOI Create a Creature Contest Homepage has been updated. All 6 current entries can be viewed by the links on the page. (URL) people! Send in your entries, you only have 9 days left!! --Anthony (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

(...) You can download them for free off my site.... or I guess I can send you some print outs..... how many of each do you want? Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

(...) I just wanted to make them intereting and fun..... and yes I have alot more signs and banners to come. Thats one thing I think Lugnet and Brickshelf is GREAT for... getting ideas from other peoples work.... and if I can help to inspire (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Hey Bruce H...

your Mocs are making it into a nationally (dis)respected technology news site. Go figure (URL) Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hey Bruce H...

Thanks for the reference. I don't think I'll add it to my media mentions page as it has a link to that Lego Porn site and I'm trying to be kid-friendly. I am quite happy to be mentioned in relation to the Monty Python animation. I was excited this (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hey Bruce H...

(...) Geez! The things people do with their free time! I wonder why they had to do it all with *of all things* Legos. Actually, this very comcept is pretty disturbing, and I don't want to even think about it. As I've said before, It's amazing what (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

(...) I could use about five printouts of each one. My printer is terrible, and can't even print straight. (go figure, since I write so much, and my printer has basically burnt itself out) Just my two brickz... <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet No. 1112 (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SHOP SIGNS....!!!

(...) Matt... can you email me with a postal address for you, and I'll work out how much it will cost me. Kev..: ) andrastavia@ozbricks.com (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  On Updates...

Many have emailed me and directed questions to me here in .castle asking me when the next update to the Chronicles of Ikros will be. The only answer is I don't know. However, I am currently working with the next guest author, and I can honestly say (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hey Bruce H...

(...) The lego porn site looks innocent enough to me, and is clearly meant for an adult audience. While whoever made it clearly has a somewhat warped sense of humour, I don't think that using lego to depict sex is worse than using it to depict death (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval life

Hello! Gero of Falckenstein expects the visit of his niece Kriemhild whose guardian he was. Kriemhild is accompanied by her brother Ruediger and of course by an escort. (URL) just a little series, not really a story (to appease those who don't like (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Medieval life

There are some lovely touches there. I particularly like your trees (the silver birch is inspired), the mechanism on the gatehouse and the dots around the door arch. Lots of detail and realism Thanks for sharing -- James Stacey ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval life

(...) I liked some of the design concepts you used. Also liked the trees! Nice stuff! Keep up the good work and keep posting the results! Tom (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval life

I like all the added details you put into the castle, would it be possible to see more pictures of just the castle and the gate house/grounds? Not that I didn't appreciate how they maneuvered the cart through the grounds, I'd like to see more (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Is 3739 Blacksmith Shop available at Lego Stores?

Hi all, I'm getting ready to go to Chicago this weekend, and as I'll be dropping by the Lego Store I figured I'd semi-plan my budget. I was wondering (as the subject says) if the 3739 can be found there. If so, good. I'll grab as many as I can. If (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is 3739 Blacksmith Shop available at Lego Stores?

(...) I was there two weeks ago and they didn't have any. They did have most of the rest of the Lego Direct line including all of the Legends and Wild West. David Kohrman (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Medieval life

(...) You told the story just they way you should--with pictures! Leave it to your reader to imagine what the characters are saying to one another. I loved it. It was very cool to see a whole troupe of men with the crest from the 373 red knight. 373 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval life

I truly enjoyed your series. Very good job of showing an event through the figs point of view. What really caught my attention, however, was the wonderful detail that was put into your creations. :-) I was glad to see you also had some overview (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 3739 Blacksmith Shop available at Lego Stores?

I was at the imagination center in Orlando, FL. the guy there had never HEARD of 3739, or lugnet or anything. But they did have guarded inn and the other legends as well as wild west. it seems S@H is the only way.. for now. -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Hello again, Here is the next addition to my Tolkien creations folder, "The Inn of the Prancing Pony". (URL) in the Village of Bree, The Prancing Pony is the original destination of the 4 hobbits as they attempt to find Gandalf the Grey. Operated by (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Jon, Great work as usual. I enjoyed seeing your vision of the inn. Of course being the LOtR fanatic I am pic #16 was enough to make me happy. ;-) -L (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

(...) Talk about brickspensive :) DaveE (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval life

(...) birch tree. I think my favorite photo for some reason is of the king looking over the wall. Bruce (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Jon, wow! I love it. The building itself blows me away. I love the way you did the stone on the bottom floor, and the 1x4 tiles on the timbering. Great landscaping too. And as Dave said - great bed idea! <yoink as well :-)> Very cool...can't wait to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

(...) Jon, You've done it again. This is beautiful. I think my favorite detail is the way you made the beds. Using all smaller bricks makes the walls look realistic on minifig scale, as does the mix of grays you use. That tap piece makes a good (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Thanks Leah, Picture #16 was the only one I really fussed about getting right, It's a pity that Lego doesn't make a Green Hood and a cape! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

David, Thanks for all of the positive feedback! I accidentally stumbled across the bed design while I was building Bag end. I don't think I've ever heard the term, yoinks! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Thank You Chris, It took some time to get the stone pattern right, but I'm very pleased with it. I got a bunch of very light grey plates from bricklink so I could get three colors of grey in there! Tom Bombadil's is on the checklist of things to do (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: At The Inn Of The Prancing Pony

Hey Bruce, Thanks again. I finally decided on a pipe piece after Tamyra suggested the lever idea. That gave a long enough shaft, but it couldn't be gripped by a minifig hand, so I started looking into all my 90 degree angled parts till I found one (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Prancing Pony

(...) How many peices is that baby comprised of? -Jay (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact