 Castle / 12761
Re: I know it's been brought up before, humor me.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:39:06 GMT

Anthony Sava wrote:

So... as I continue on working on getting chapters for my story published, I
get suggestions such as adding pictures to the chapters of my story that don't
have any, or adding more fluff to the chapters that have pictures already.
However, before I even consider doing either, I'd like to open a little
question to everyone.

Why do you read stories posted to .castle (or anywhere on lugnet)?  Do you read
them for the plot lines?  Do you read them to be nice to the person who posted?
Do you read them not for the story but merely for the eye candy (pictures)?  A
combo of these, or some other reason entirely?

So what do you think?

--Anthony
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html

I read them because you have threatened my life if I don't! (I'm serious
folks, he's figured out where I live and sent me ticking packages!!!!)

But seriously, I started reading Sava's stories when they were first
posted because the idea was fresh, and interesting. Then I saw the
hideous spelling and grammatical errors and offered my meager talents at
editing. (thus being named the Word Nazi)For a while I was really good
at it and helpful, uh, I think, but then Lego slipped by the forefront
of my brain and I fell a few chapters behind. Now I read because of the
compelling story and seeing how he incorporates the GREAT models he has
designed into the deep and interesting world he has created.

As far as Lego in general, I must agree with many other people's posts.
I'm more about the brick. Using it in interesting ways, and designing
fun models. I surely come up with stories in my head while I am working
on a project, but often too much is lost in the transfer to paper/word
processor. My hat is off to those who can successfully pull that world
out and put it on a web page for all to see. And to show my
appreciation, I will explore those newly posted stories on Lugnet to
find something I like and then enjoy it. What keeps me engaged is a well
written story, which I will often book mark and then come back to later
when more chapters are written and I (being very impatient) won't have
to be left hanging.

So, a bit chaotic is the reasoning why I read something on Lugnet. I
like the story idea to show off MOCs. But I am equally happy with a well
designed web site and a message saying "GO HERE!" I don't get my rocks
off in Brickshelf, browsing through endless pictures of this and that. I
much prefer a "Hey, Over here!!!" approach to look at something well
thought out and a story line associated with MOCs leads me to believe
there is something worth looking at over there.

Matt