 CAD / LDD / *240 (-100)
  Re: Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

(...) FWIW, 1) I run LEGO Digital Designer 3.0.11 under Windows 7 2) I chose Creator Freebuild (shouldn't matter with this test) 3) I executed menu: File | Import 4) Picked exported.dat off my desktop (how I saved this text, using notepad) (note (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

--snip-- (...) Well it's definitely not overlap then. I assume that both coloured 1x1s exist too... Did you try removing the superfluous fractional digits? I'm relying on hunches here and don't have LDD installed but I do remember weird problems to (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

(...) This is the file that LDD exported: 0 exported 0 Author: LEGO Digital Designer 3.0 1 71 -190 -24 -190.0000152587890625 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3005.dat 1 14 170 -24 210.0000152587890625 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3005.dat The two bricks are about 20 studs (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

(...) I've never had it properly confirmed but I'm fairly certain the problem with import is that the overlap detection is way too overzealous. Which means that when you read in a file it decides the parts conflict and can't be there. It's (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

I recently had a Bricksmith user write asking for help importing an LDraw file into LDD. (He was using LDraw because LDD made it very difficult to build his model.) But when he attempts to import the LDraw file, he sees at most the first brick of (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  BrickHelper v1.1 released

Hi guys, Just thought I would announce the release of BrickHelper v1.1. This is my utility program that lets you list the parts inventory of creations made in LDD, and export that inventory to a Bricklink wanted list, which you can then upload to (...) (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDraw.xml now at version 1.81.3 LDD

Now at version 1.81.3 with LDD version 3.0.11 with brick version 114 (URL) New LDraw.xml Ver. 1.81.3 for LDR to LDD Conversions> Gallagher (URL) GallaghersArt.com> (14 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDraw.xml now at version 1.81 LDD

You can view all the info and download the current LDraw.xml version 1.81 public and beta version from my site. Due to some browsers that add extra characters to the file I have now made both versions as a ZIP download. And since Brickshelf expands (...) (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  ** Current Conversion file for LDraw to LDD ver. 1.7

Just went through the parts and we do have a good amount of new parts added with this update. Fixed and added many colors. For now I’m sticking to the parts that are easy to get done. Going for the bulk first, I will then work on the complex parts (...) (15 years ago, 7-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDD - Robotic Gripper

I modeled a robotic gripper end effector in LEGO Digital Designer. This design is the result of work I have done and a combination of techniques I have seen on Brickshelf.com. (URL) I have used this design on some of the Chassis prototypes I have (...) (15 years ago, 8-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) IIRC, what I did was copy-paste the opposite end of that moonbase module. (...) That is certainly doable. However, I have more pressing matters to attend, and my knowledge of computational geometry (or lack of) could pose a problem. Those (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"ivansanchez" <ivan@sanchezortega.es> wrote in message news:KLFwK1.LqK@lugnet.com... (...) I see. I not only had to move the surrounding windscreens, I also had to move the surrounding 1x6 curved slope bricks, and a 1x1 technic brick with hole, (...) (15 years ago, 19-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Connection != collision. I do think LDD could still know about studs and axles and ignore hulls. On the other hand... Geoffrey Hyde wrote: (...) Well, this is a CAD software, and I expect everything to be perfectly aligned to a 1-LDU grid, (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) It may be a bit off but... it works! (...) ...NXT programming language and firmware in version 2 switched to floating points... for the best and/or for the worse ;o) (...) I have no true information here, but I believe this is simply (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"ivansanchez" <ivan@sanchezortega.es> wrote in message news:KLE94G.Ezw@lugnet.com... (...) I have to disagree with your assessment of that: (URL) LDD lets me do that, beautiful! I don't mind a gap or two, in fact given it happens all the time in (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Gee, thanks :-) (...) free space between the black gear and the 1/2 stud bush. I've nudged things a bit and got this: (URL) wrong anyway - if you center the camera on the axle for the black wheel and zoom in, you'll see that the axle is (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Excellent trick, thanks for bringing it to our attention! (...) Your rotated gears seem perfectly placed, I was able to fit properly connected beams around them: (URL) it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) That'd be me :-) Using the "unzip the .lxf" technique explained here... (URL) I managed to rotate and offset the bricks at will, so it's possible to position them just right. It seems that offsetting the gears by 7.5mm and 1.1mm, they seem to (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:KLDtB0.Bv7@lugnet.com... (...) From what I and a lurker here figured out in a few emails to each other, it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Same thing here. I was able to mesh Z36 with Z12 and "almost" z36 with z20. All other combinations that obviously works fine in real world failed. Philo (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

To TLG: I have found that there is a problem with the two gears, which LDD refers to as "double conical wheel", included in LEGO Factory. These are described in the LDD Factory palette as "double conical wheel Z12 1M" and "double conical wheel Z20 (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: BrickHelper v0.9 - a .LXF Inventory Application

(...) Snip (...) results with my current method: save as ldraw file then import into BrickStore. Regards ROSCO (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  BrickHelper v0.9 - a .LXF Inventory Application

Attn. Everyone: I've completed an initial version of this LXF file utility program I've been working on, aka 'BrickHelper'. With this program you can load a creation made in Lego Digital Designer, get an inventory of it's parts, and export a (...) (15 years ago, 18-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  **** CURRENT LDraw.XML ver 1.6 **** Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

Spent a bit more timed then I had planned but bunches of new parts! Many new parts for this LDD parts library ver 38.25. Just uploaded the most current version of the LDraw.xml (ver. 1.6e) file need to import and export LDR files with LDD. To (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

You've probably noticed that the LEGO online Pick-A-Brick / LEGO Factory palette has recently been updated with new parts - and new prices. As an avid user of the LEGO Factory system, I was curious just how much the prices had gone up by. I created (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !

  Re: Individual LDD parts?

(...) You might want to read the following message (and its reply): (URL) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Individual LDD parts?

(...) I was afraid of that - sounds like I want the latter, the one I can't get at. I want the geometry that makes up each piece, so I can see about writing a script to import them directly into Blender, since they seem to be constructed differently (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) My beta has most but some are still not working in that file. The goal is to have all the parts that are in LDD. But Minifig items are some if the hardest to fix. (...) Depends on how you download it. You can right click on the file and save (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Individual LDD parts?

(...) Not sure what you mean by vertex info. Do you mean the transformation matrix applied to each part or the details of the parts themselves? If the latter you can't get at them but the former is all stored in the zipped XML file in the LXF file (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Individual LDD parts?

Hi all, I'm not very familiar with the LXF file formats, so maybe I'm just missing something, but how do I get at the actual LXF files that define the vertex transforms for each LDD piece? A normal LXFXML file just seems to point at a part ID. Seems (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"mike Gallagher" <gallaghersemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:K3AFKu.1IH@lugnet.com... (...) Does this file include the 973 parts/colors included in the latest Factory palette? At last minifigs finally have weapons to wield in the Factory (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

Here is the current Ldraw.xml. To install go to \LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets Directory and look for the ldraw.xml file. Back the file up or rename it and replace it with the new file. Make sure it has the same format as you see it on (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I don't think there's any direct converters out there going either way. In principle (practise maybe not) it shouldn't be too hard to do so long as you have the read-write libraries. LXF files and the conversion file are just XML (zipped with (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Tim, I've been face down in LPub 4...... Has the LDraw community created its own convertor that supports MDP format? Thanks, Kevin (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I believe it can read them but can't write them. Earlier versions definitely could but the newer ones may be missing that feature. And yeah the LXF file format definitely has the concept of sub-models. Tim (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Once I got a better ldraw.xml, the conversion process provided me with a valid ldraw file. The instructions associated with LXF seem to indicate that LDD knows about sub-models, but yet it seems to in-line them when spitting out the ldr file. (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Nor have I. (...) L3Lab doesn't have a Save dialog, but in the Open dialog there is a Pop Up Button with label "Enable", that let's you choose from: All Readable Documents L3 LDraw file (ldr) L3 LDraw file (mpd) All Documents If you select (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Sorry Mike. My brain completely skipped over the "and" in your sentence. --Travis (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I assume that's what the and on is for ;) But I don't remember where we host the file... sorry but Mike's is as or more up to date anyway. Tim (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) --Travis (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I found the original ldraw.xml file here: /Applications/LEGO Digital Designer.app/Content...ces/Assets I'm trying your newest now. It worked! Thanks, Kevin (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I have no clue for MAC’s, but when you copied the ldraw.xml to the location, did you see the original ldraw.xml from the LEGO LDD install? If not search for it and see where it is. As far as the error you get while exporting, could be a bad (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Hi Travis, Thanks for the thought. I had made it this far. I tried to save my test file to my home directory and got this message: Warning Unable to export model to "/Users/kclague/test.ldr" Kevin (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) I haven't ever tried LDD on the Mac, but I do have some Mac info that might help. First of all, unlike the system Windows Open/Save dialogs, the system Mac Open/Save Panels don't support file type selection, so doing this at all requires (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks for the work on ldraw.xml. I just downloaded LDD 2 from the LEGO website onto my Mac (running leopard OS (10.5)) and copied your new ldraw.xml to: /Applications/LEGO Digital Designer.app/content...ces/Assets When I try to use (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd **Updated Ldraw.xml

(...) Hi Mike, many thx for all the good work. I mirrored your file at LDraw.org and the LDD/LDraw conv tutorial should now be up to date. w. (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd **Updated Ldraw.xml

Just uploaded the latest ldraw.xml to my sites. V1.3 LDD 2.3.19 Brick ver 38.19 This time I included parts that still need work. The thinking with this is that you can export then import the parts to the original location. They will just be in wacky (...) (16 years ago, 12-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD question - how to rotate pieces?

(...) Jordan, Thanks. Don't know why I didn't try that key before. Thanks also for the keyboard shortcuts, I had found some, but the rest were helpful as well. The preferences window has a check box for 'Brick Count Show the number of bricks in a (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Complex roofs using LDD

For some time I have been waiting for a full compliment of 45 degree slopes in LDD so I could build more houses using LDD with complex roofs. I decided to stop waiting and see what I could do without all the bricks I wanted in the pallet. The (...) (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.town)

  Re: LDD has new bricks.

(...) Not a bad idea. Which I tried. It reported that two bricks were not available. But there are plenty of others that are in LDD but unavailable for sale now in pick-a-brick. I did find another method, a process of elimination. I used the select (...) (16 years ago, 25-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD Problem opening a lxf file

(...) I ran into a similar problem, when I tried to use & in the file name (i.e: "trucks&motor"). LDD saved, apparently no problem, but later would not open the file. (16 years ago, 25-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD has new bricks.

(...) Your best shot is to see if LDD lets you upload the model to the LEGO website. If it does (or if you have a previously-uploaded version), then click on the "Check Price" page. It will say that you can't order the model due to parts being out (...) (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD has new bricks.

(...) My brick version is now 38.17 but it warns that the model I have been working on contains parts that now can not be ordered. Is there any easy way to find out which bricks were discontinued? My model is quite complex, almost 6000 bricks, it (...) (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  LDD has new bricks.

Just fired up LDD, and there seems to be a few extra bits being downloaded. (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  LDD Problem opening a lxf file

I created a model using the latest version of LDD, I saved it before going out this morning. When I returned in the evening an tried to work on the file, LDD told me that "the model you are trying to oen appears to be in an old format" when I cleik (...) (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: RAILBRICKS Instructions submissions now open

(...) Hi Jason and Jeramy, I came out with "TrainBase" as a place to recognize high-quality LDD train models, in the era before the "Cool Train Creations" page on the LEGO Factory website. I can't say that I gave much regard to the quality of the (...) (16 years ago, 1-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

Is there a script file that could convert an LXFML file to LDR? Provided that the LDraw.xml file is up to date with the proper parts and part translations it should be something that is acheivable. I don't like having to use LDD as an intermediary (...) (16 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) I believe that's because searching for "whip" returns a match from the unofficial parts. Since an unofficial match is made, the lookup doesn't go on to examine the official parts. The Lookup was intended as a tool to assist PT users. So it's (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) It doesn't do that when I type stuff into the Lookup box on the PT. A search for whip only returns one match, when the official library has 4 files with whip in the title or keywords. The match that is found has whip in the keywords. --Travis (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) you can check the archive yourself: (URL) there is no login required. we actually discussed this issue to block out also spam caused by bots but decided to keep the entrance bar as low as possible. (...) mistype - I was talking about 2488 (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) A couple of things about this... I agree it'd be pretty cool for ldraw.org to have a visual catalog of official parts. But, if you use peeron.com to search for parts, it's pretty easy to tell if a part has an official LDraw file or not -- if (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) You have a good point here, Geoffrey. Having a central place to find a part, official or not, would be great. Philo (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JvDz9G.FAt@lugnet.com... (...) the PT, if some part already exists as an official part, it would be better than saying it couldn't be found. The fact that it couldn't be found (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) Only unofficial parts show up in the parts tracker - once they become official they are moved to the official library, and you can find them here: (URL) part you're interested, for example, can be downloaded using this link: (URL) this helps, (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JvDo3v.3K7@lugnet.com... (...) Now I'm glad I followed up with this here. It was submitted within the last 24 hours, I don't even know if it made it into the archives yet. Does the (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

(...) I checked the helpdesk's archive but there is no trace of your mail. (...) the LDraw number for 6211 is 73590b.dat - Hose Flexible 8.5L with Tabs (Complete Assembly Shortcut) and the part is an official part since 1999. obviously it is a (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JvB101.5qI@lugnet.com... (...) will be sccessful or not, since it was lengthy, and may require some reading, it comes with an LDD .lxfml file which has details of how LDD creates this (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

Hi folks, The LDraw and LDD libraries differ in color numbers, sometimes in part numbers, the fact that LDD parts are measured in millimeters while LDraw uses LDUs - LDraw Units, but most notably in the part's origin point. Learn how LEGO Digital (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Tutorial LDraw to LDD conversion updated

(...) I added the LDD-LDraw section and applied some minor changes. (URL) free to comment or edit directly. I'll move the tutorial to the main site in a few days. w. (16 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Tutorial LDraw to LDD conversion updated

hi folks, I started updating the LDraw-LDD tutorial at: (URL) free to comment or edit directly. Please note that this covers only the LDraw import into LDD. I'll add the LDD->LDraw in the following days. I'll move it over to the main site once it is (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?

"mike Gallagher" <gallaghersemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Jrzq0M.Cx2@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) view the .jpg image file above for a description of what the problem in LEGO Digital Designer is. Apparently, sometimes misalignment of parts (...) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?

(...) LDD and LDraw have there own parts and do not use the same rotation settings, that’s why you need the updated LDraw.xml that others have been working on. (URL) be on Ldraw’s site as soon as I can remember my login… Mike (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd **Updated Ldraw.xml

Just uploaded my latest version. New version 1.08 Enjoy Mike Gallagher (URL) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JryKHD.n44@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) This isn't about the brick's file itself. It's just that I don't understand the way LDD is placing bricks and messing up their rotation (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Updating the LDD tutorial at the wiki - any volunteers?

Hi folks, reading through the "LDraw to LDD conversion" tutorial at the wiki: (URL) appears that it is not only vague but also incorrect (LDraw files for example should be imported/exported via the File->Import/File->Export model menus). Is there a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?

(...) Hi goffrey, the transformation matrix for the Technik Brick is: <Transformation ldraw="32064.dat" tx="-.4" ty="-.96" tz="0" ax="1" ay="0" az="0" angle="0"/> I did a LDD->LDraw->LDD test and it works fine. BTW the conversion is already part of (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?  [DAT]

I have a LDD model file - also exported to .ldr format (LDRAW) - which has a problem with parts not aligning properly because of a bug with LDD. What has happened is that the file has parts (32064, technic brick 1x2 with axle hole) which have become (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Those style links are created and understood by the web interface to insert in-line links and image. The use of <> however "broke" and confused all the NNTP clients so we see it string together. ThunderBird handled it well enough and split it (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Granted, meshing gears is awful. You have to place the gears on axles with space between them, rotate one with hinge tool until they could match, then move the rotated gear and axle in meshing position. And trying to modify a gear ration in an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JoGFz5.BIC@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps I am not harsh enough. Build a model that shows the possible gear ratios for gears contained in the NXT kit. You can even mail it to me if you like, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

Hi Geoffrey, I think you are a bit harsh about Technic/NXT building with LDD. I agree with you that it is not perfect, and it is sometime painful to do what you want, but it is possible to virtually build things with it. And the hinge tool does work (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

This is possible to do, yes you will receive annoying messages that you won't be able to save or upload any models you create, but at least you can wander around in a daze trying to make something using the 'free build' option. Firstly, when placing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  MLCAD <> LDD 2.0

Hi all, I can't run LDD2.0 on my PC (Win 98 SE - P3 667MHz) and not yet thinking of getting me a new one. So the question is as follow: Are there any plans to have the possibility to import LDD2.0 files into MLCAD and visa versa, using the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDD color

(...) The first one uses material 44 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 46 (trans yellow). The second one uses material 49 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 42 (trans flu lime). So I'd say the first one is the one you're looking for. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDD color

I'm making a construction & need classic trans yellow 1x1 round plates. There are two trans yellow plates to select, but I'm not sure which is classic yellow & which is neon green yellow. there are no prompts when I 'float' the cursor over the piece (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Keep on the good job ;o) Any chance ldraw.xml supports the NXT unofficial parts that I host here: (URL) If not, is there somewhere an explanation of the procedure to add new parts to the xml file? Philo (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Some Technic parts now in file, (URL) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Thanks from all of us! Working through those and others, Just uploaded another version 1.06 with 11 more parts. Mike (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Great job! Do you intend to cope with Technic parts available in MINDSTORMS mode? Philo (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

Latest update, all most done.... (URL) Gallagher (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Working with large models in LDD.

Hello all, I am currently working on a mosaic using nothing but 1x1 bricks. My problem is that the its over 13000 bricks. This seems to really cause problems with the speed of LDD. I am using a Macintosh PowerBook 1.67 with a gig of ram. It was (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

(...) instead: (URL) (17 years ago, 4-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

(...) Maybe try 1.6: (URL) (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

dear LDDer, your giving us a very hard time loving your prog :-( 2.2 refuses to load an old 1.3 lxf file like this: (URL) converter out there? I tried to do the zip trick but beside the png I only get a salat of letters. w. (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Verified and made a brand new XML with only parts that are in the current LEGO factory parts, and they must work in the conversion both ways (LDD > LDR > LDD). (URL) have not attempted to do any of the minifig stuff. And others are missing but (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  PRR T1 #6110

I have finally completed building the PRR T1 MOC that I planned out in LDD2. Naturally, I still had to make modifications once finally building in real life. Apart from the BBB wheel set and linkages, all of the pieces used are available from the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: "Modular Buildings" category on LEGO Factory.

(...) I don't think so, I they've got a big bug. Maybe a whole server out of action. There were still a few models around from the LDD1.6 palette - they still show up, but just get listed as unavilable. They don't bring whole sections of the website (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: "Modular Buildings" category on LEGO Factory.

(...) Just a guess, but.. I think it may be as a result of the new palette of bricks that the new version of LDD has. If any of the old models used bricks that are now unavailable, then the model is unpurchasable. (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: "Modular Buildings" category on LEGO Factory.

(...) Same here. Ed (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: "Modular Buildings" category on LEGO Factory.

(...) While we're on the subject of LEGO Factory, I've been encountering a website bug as of lately - When I click on a Factory model's "Check Price" button, I get a "Page not Found" error page instead of a model pricing page. Has anyone else (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact