 CAD / LDD / 157
Re: LDD color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 06:59:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   I’m making a construction & need classic trans yellow 1x1 round plates. There are two trans yellow plates to select, but I’m not sure which is classic yellow & which is neon green yellow. there are no prompts when I ‘float’ the cursor over the piece except ‘plate 1x1 round’ description. Anyone know how to tell? Oh, I looked in the help file & sort-by-color feature & no help.

The first one uses material 44 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 46 (trans yellow). The second one uses material 49 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 42 (trans flu lime).

So I’d say the first one is the one you’re looking for.

Method:
  • Create a file in LDD using the first one (and nothing else) and save.
  • Rename file to have .zip extension.
  • Open zip file and extract Image100.lxfml.
  • View Image100.lxfml in Notepad, and find the line that starts with <Part refID
  • Note that the materialID on that line has a value of 44.
  • View C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets\ldraw.xml in Notepad.
  • Search for lego=”44”.
  • Note the value of the ldraw setting on that line (46).
  • View ldconfig.ldr (from LDraw install) in Notepad
  • Look at the color name for the color with CODE 46.
--Travis