Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:18:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
At 06:39 PM 7/22/99 , Scott R Dennett wrote:
I agree that a whole new newsgroup would be best, but I was just
trying to point out that it would probably work. Not a big deal
either
way as far as I am concerned. I get posts via email so I see all
the
headers anyway.

So do I.  But I probably wouldn't subscribe to a sets or omr newsgroup by
mail.  It would work, but why not avoid possible confusion and go for 100%
certainty on a completely new dedicated newsgroup?  Some people might think
that cad.dat.models.sets is a dedicated OMR group if anything is appended
to the charter.  A new group would provide a border between casually
posting LDrawn sets and submitting a polished work to an online repository.

What is the point of doing a set in ldraw if it is not going to be submitted to
the OMR?  Since we have the models.sets, we don't need the OMR group.  If I
remember correctly, Todd originally made models.sets *for* the OMR (or at least
that was a major reason).  Personally, I think anything posted to models.sets
should be considered as a submission to the OMR.

Jeff