Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:28:46 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.19990722100743.00a18cd0@pop.osiriscomm.com...
But submodels which have no moveable parts -- should they be inlined or
included in the MPD?  Pros/cons?

Include them in the .MPD.  That way if someone wants to print instructions
with submodels separated out, they can.

Ok.  So would it be safe to say absolutely no inlining whatsoever?

Submodels used for ease of ldrawing may certainly be inlined.  Also, I would suggest that we not make the subfile structure a
requirement, but a "strong suggestion."  I'm sure there are many sets which have already been modeled and inlined.  I'd want to see
these models included in the OMR, with the understanding that if someone submits the same set with proper subfile structure, it
would replace the first.

-John Van