Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:18:43 GMT

On 7/22/99, at 9:59 PM, Tim Courtney wrote:

At 06:39 PM 7/22/99 , Scott R Dennett wrote:
Do you have links for either of these. I know I'd be able to
find them
by doing a search, but I'm just too lazy right now. :)

Just go to download.com and search for it, its downloadable • from
there.  I'd search for it for you, but I'm just too lazy right
now. ;)

I wouldn't expect a lazy person like you to go searching for a
link :)
I didn't know if you might happen to know what it was off the
top of
your head. I know that would be asking a lot :)

But some people would want a zip file, so its best to offer
both.

Ah, wouldn't you mean mpd instead of zip since we were talking
about
zip, and here you're adding another file type(implied by
sentance type),
but its actually the same file type. Did I lose • you??......Good
:)  I know
you get my point. And oh, yes I am in favor of having both • types
of files.

Wow, you're good.  At losing people I mean :)  No, I meant zip, • since you
said you would prefer MPD.  I'm not adding another file type, • these should
be made available through MPD, zip, and tarball.  That's it.

Actually I said I'd prefer zip. Here's the sentence I wrote.
">>I would
  prefer zip over mpd, but the zip program I'm currently
using(FreeZip)
  >>can't do stuff like what would be needed."

...on the tarball, do people actually use that for Windows/dos? •  Because
LDraw itself is a DOS program and most of the support programs • are for
DOS/Windows, do we really need to package it for a Unix • machine?  At least
I strongly recall tarball being of Unix origin....slap me • upside the head
if wrong :)

That might be why I've never heard of it, or don't remember
hearing of
it. I would say just MPD and Zip.

I wasn't thinking in ranges of thousands, but having each • placeholder
signify a different thing.  The first placeholder could signify • theme,
second subtheme (0 if not applicable), third and fourth year of • set??  And
then we could do letters after that or something.  So:

st2592a could be a Space (2), Ice Planet (5), 1992 (92), • something
sticker.  But Ice Planet never had stickers...did it?  Oh well, • its just an
example.

Gotcha. Interesting idea, which might work. I was just kinda
taking what
we had talked about with a possible change in the minifig torso
#ing.

...Ice Planet was 92, wasn't it?

Yes, I believe so.

page. It's not really a big deal, just an idea that I had • since
that was how
I found Ldraw.

*ramble ramble ramble* ...I get your point :)

Yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh, I know, I know, SO QUIT COMPLANING ;-)
All in good fun, you realize :)

Ryan