Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 02:16:33 GMT

At 01:25 PM 7/22/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:
What's the qualitative difference between a separate group and simply
putting "OMR" or "OMR Submission" in the subject line?

Searching through a potential lot of messages for the word 'OMR.'

And if there _were_ a separate OMR group, then to keep the hierarchy
consistent and clean, it would have to go beneath .dat.models.sets for
purposes of searching, browsing, and general organizational issues.
In that scenario, it's conceivable that people would crosspost to
.dat.models.sets and .dat.models.sets.omr unnecessarily.

But posting a submission to an OMR group and casually posting to a sets
group are in fact different.  One there is strict requirements for, the
other there isn't.  So it would make more sense to not allow them to
crosspost, and have them post two separate messages.

I gotta say, I like John's suggestion a lot, and I don't see how a separate
OMR group really buys anything.

When you do your auctions by email, do you have a dedicated email address
for bids?  Doesn't that keep it cleaner and avoid a possible auction
software error?  This is along the same lines, but there is no piece of
software hooked up to OMR models besides the one that posts it.

...Which reminds me, I haven't even looked at auction stuff in a long
time... I guess that's cause I don't have cash :)

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne