Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:46:23 GMT

At 03:23 PM 7/22/99 , John VanZwieten wrote:
Good idea.  So I take it someone who submits a model specifies which it is,
and they also get to choose which version they model.  But what if we have
too much of one type, and want to balance it out?  Should they be required
to do both?

No.  If it's unbalanced, so what?  The main advantages of .dat files of
official models will be present for either version:  the
ability to view a model from any angle, an inventory of parts used, and
the ability to make renderings of the model.  It's also
quite possible that one file will satisfy both versions.

Ok...

And the moveable parts are submodels version has to follow the best
possible solution to making the entire part moveable in one angle change...

Yeah, and ideally submodels should be centered on their axis of rotation.

Heh... would be nice, but that's one of the little features I haven't been
able to figure out yet in my pea-sized brain :)  I'm sure not everyone else
has either.  Could that be one of the model editors' things to do??

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne