Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:05:25 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.19990723114010.00990ae0@pop.osiriscomm.com...
At 08:43 AM 7/23/99 , John VanZwieten wrote:

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message

Yeah, and ideally submodels should be centered on their axis of rotation.

Heh... would be nice, but that's one of the little features I haven't been
able to figure out yet in my pea-sized brain :)  I'm sure not everyone else
has either.  Could that be one of the model editors' things to do??

No, that would take too much time to fix all the submodels.

It would be easier if you could move a bunch of parts as a group all at once...

You can--using LDAO's editor.  But you still would have to go through and figure out all the pivot points, where the hinge piece
should be compared to where it is, then make the move.  Some models have lots of pivot points.  Much better that everyone take the
time to learn this skill, which is quite helpful to know anyway.

-John Van