Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:51:24 GMT

At 10:40 PM 7/22/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:

[...] snippety snip

One there is strict requirements for, the other there isn't.

The .dat.models.sets group has always been for collecting unofficial
renderings of official LEGO sets in LDraw DAT format...(presumably high-
quality renderings and not hacks).  The only thing missing from its charter
is something pointing to a set of rules (or strict requirements) to govern
what's acceptable and what's unacceptable, and that was never given because
there wasn't anything at the time -- better to let it evolve and put it
into place after more is known.  So if there's now a document specifying
a workable set of rules/requirements for LEGO-set models, then let's point
people to that from the .dat.models.sets group.  There's really no need to
create another group just to get tighter restrictions...

Right..

If a .dat.models.sets.omr group existed, then the first thing I'd do with
the .dat.models.sets group is destroy it because it would no longer be
needed.  Then I'd rename .dat.models.sets.omr to .dat.model.sets, because
there'd be a useless gap.

In other words, if the problem is that .cad.models.sets isn't "strict"
enough in its rules about what to post there, then let's simply fix the
.cad.models.set group rather than creating a parallel one.

Now that's making sense.  I was following the assumption that nothing would
change on cad.dat.models.sets and OMR submissions would be *allowed*
there.  Could we change cad.dat.models.sets to the point where posting
there is an assumed OMR submission?  Is that too much?  At least we should
impose the OMR filenaming system on the group...

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne