Re: OMR Submission and Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:15:33 GMT

At 03:28 PM 7/22/99 , John VanZwieten wrote:
Submodels used for ease of ldrawing may certainly be inlined.

Yes.  Those that are non-instruction submodels but purely for ease of
modelling are definitely acceptable.

(I gotta remember to throw that one in the creation/submission guide)

Also, I would suggest that we not make the subfile structure a
requirement, but a "strong suggestion."  I'm sure there are many sets
which have already been modeled and inlined.  I'd want to see
these models included in the OMR, with the understanding that if someone
submits the same set with proper subfile structure, it
would replace the first.

Good thoughts.  I would say that the models which do not follow the subfile
structure should not have full status on the OMR, if we could tag it
somehow that would be good.  But for a model to be '100% certified' by the
OMR it should follow the standards the OMR has set up.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne