 CAD / *34525 (-100)
  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) And I would like to publicly like to thank Don Heyse for LDGLite and Travis Cobbs for LDView. Special thanks go to Don Heyse since his application is basically the father of all Mac OS LDraw editors (except one that isn't being worked on and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Numbers Report - 16 April 2004

Stats for Unofficial Files 449 certified files. 191 files need admin review. 354 files need more votes. 400 have uncertified subfiles. 184 held files. Total Files: 1,578 Comparison with Prev. Report: 2004-04-16: 449 / 191 / 354 / 400 / 184 (1,578) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  submission policy at the PT (Was: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?)

(...) [SNIP] (...) even if you re-think that policy it'll happen anyway. almost a year ago some guidelines have been posted (URL) about re-submitting fixes of new parts (new parts not updated ones) but unless the PT doesn't restrict the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hw8349.ECC@lugnet.com... (...) this is good news, indeed! just out of curiosity, on which basis will they ultimatelly interact? have you sorted out this dll-exe issue? (...) w. (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) This is very strange. If I download from the above link, I get the new version (4.1 from Apr. 16), but it still doesn't follow the 'Large fonts' setting?!? I'll have to dig deeper into this... -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Snatch it?

(...) HURRAY!!! I made it through gonta's board and got in touch with him. stay tuned. w. www.holly-wood.it (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) It's the same file. Are you having another bad day with case sensitive filesystems? Don (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Well, I actually want to take this kind of thing to the LSC for review. (...) I had not made it this far. I had just made it to the concept phase. There are a few things that control hose synthesis; hose type, hose segment part type, segment (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Ah, that's good to hear. (...) Waitaminute!! That's what I said a year ago, but you appeared to get suckered in by the getopt proposal. Oh well. (...) Short instructions: (URL) instructions: (URL) instructions: (URL) Another thing I'd like to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I spent a bit of time working out how to reply to this mail without coming across as an open source zealot :) (...) I always thought open source relied on the concept of copyright (one of the 3 major concepts in intellectual property). It is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

As a programmer for some 28+ years I have extreme reservations about Open source or as i call it "socialized" programming. The entire concept of open source flies in the face of intellectual property rights. That being who owns the rights to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub 2.0 not seeing POV-Ray 3.5?

(...) Thanks Orion, I updated my site. Kevin (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) a library sort of thing, like Lars taught me about L3P. (...) I don't like the getopt format because it is so different than standard issue meta-commands. (...) Well, I have to get hooked in and put in a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.0 not seeing POV-Ray 3.5?

(...) That is indeed where I downloaded it from! I'd be extremely grateful if you could send the correct version to me, just remove the obvious spam-trap from my email. :) With thanks, -Rich Mackin- (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub 2.0 not seeing POV-Ray 3.5?

(...) Did you download LPub from here: (URL) so, there's an error with this distribution. I can send you the correct file if you'd like. -Orion (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Ugh! That's probably because I went the 'Ownerdraw' route to get the colors. I'll take a look at it when real life permits (couple of weeks...). -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

(...) hi Daniel, I have tested GLIDE 0.7 and i must say it looks promising. As simple as it is now, the interface seems very effective. In a more stable and polished state, undoubtly it would be my preferred editor for small models. It's difficult (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LPub 2.0 not seeing POV-Ray 3.5?

Hi all, Having some problems with LPub 2.0 - namely, when I attempt to start it up, I get an error message saying that it can't find the registry entries for POV-Ray, even though I have POV-Ray 3.5 installed on my Windows 98SE system. I have a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) You should take a peek at it. I use it to open an ldlist part finder window so I can drag and drop parts into ldglite. Hey that reminds me, the new colored fonts in ldlist 4 look bad on my system. Here's a picture: (URL) font used in the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I'm fairly certain that my DATBase and L3Check units (individual linetype manipulating classes and Error checking from L3P code) are compatible with a variety of Pascal compliers. DATModel (classes for model level maniplation) may pose a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> skrev i meddelandet news:Hw88DL.1D7H@lugnet.com... (...) units used (...) own (...) I'm using Delphi 5 (Both at work and for fun). Haven't really looked much at LDDP yet but the plugin architecture (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I have the beginnings of this with the DATBase, DATModel, and L3Check units used for LDDP. I've been considering splintering these units off into their own project. The only thing hindering me is the (apparent) lack of Delphi programmers in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Yes, I think we can go in that direction. It would certainly make updating errors a lot simpler. And since most of LDDP's functions manipulate the text in some way it's easily doable. (...) No, but there is hope. See above -Orion (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Then you should suggest that on the web page, or in the book. People forget what they discussed on lugnet after a week or so. [snip: many, many lsynth features. It's time for me to buy the book] (...) That sounds good, but will lsynthcp still (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

(...) I think ldview and ldglite can do this. (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Cool! I actually like the plugin idea even better than open source (although the two ideas do work together well). In my LDRAW fantasy world (which is probably based on Karim's Artemis paper) all the really nifty functionality is provided by (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

(...) Now that would be the zoom, wouldn't it? What I actually meant was a) a zoom that can get "inside" a model (useful for buildings specially) and b) a way to move and rotate the camera's target point. (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) That is my experience. Nobody has said anything about the source code I have posted. And not all of it was my yucky code, but some awesome OpenGL code written by an OpenGL wiz. And I have tried to read both ldglite, MBC, and LDView source (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Don't forget LDDP's generator (soon to be a plugin again). It's based on Fredrik Glockner's emacs code and supports: 73590B.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L with Tabs (750.dat for endpoints) 73590A.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L without Tabs (752.dat for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

(...) My pleasure (...) 3DS stands for 3D Studio, or 3DS Max, as it now is called. This was originally an Autodesk product, now offered by Discreet. (URL) what I was referring to is the file format, which has become one of the standard ways to share (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) I expect people to ask me. (...) LSynth is an all in one synthesizer in that it does hose and band type synthesis, and it is stand alone, and the synthesis process does not involve manual copying of stuff (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Yes, with a wider audience or a desperate need, it's much more likely someone will be brave enough to jump in and contribute. It also helps if the project seems active. I tried to generate some activity by making a portable version of the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: 3626bp01.dat, Head with std grin

(...) How about not. s\3626bs00.dat exists for a specific purpose, and I don't think this is a good reason to hijack the file. Steve (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: 3626bp01.dat, Head with std grin

(...) I would definitely like to do this, because the resulting heads look much better, IMO. (see (URL) Through the magic of perl, I've already modified many of the heads on my computer. (...) Hopefully it's the ball joint that's sized wrong, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: 3626bp01.dat, Head with std grin

(...) I count about 49 heads. That's based on an out-of-date directory on my hard drive, there may be a few more by now. That's a lot of parts to update all in one go. We've done it before, or at least nearly; we redesigned the neck-mark on minifig (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

I'll be the first to appologize for not having jumped in on this yet : ( It's on my list of things that I want to make time for though : ) The problem here isn't the OSS paradigm, it's the relatively small audience. It can only grow though ... (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Parts Tracker part Discussion: 3626bp01.dat, Head with std grin  [DAT]

While I was reviewing this part; "Minifig Head with Standard Grin Pattern" (URL) came across this note; "The (sub)part is still missing most of the horizontal conditional edges. Could torus primitives be used?" My answer would be, "sure why not..." (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I gave away the source to LSynth and publicly asked for help, given that it really has never made it past the proof of concept stage. No one has taken me up on it, so going open source, does not neccessadily get you anywhere. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I'm trained and skilled in programming, but I learned the Borland C++ builder environment as I went. I have yet to figure out how to split my files into subsystems. I tried it and had trouble getting it to work for LPub. As it stands, LPub is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

Bill As has been pointed out, many of the programs (including mine) have freely available source code. Several people have suggested I post my application on SourceForge and develop from there, this has merits and is used by Don with LdGLite, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: CMDLINE (Issues on Parts Tracker)

(...) I have always liked CMDLINE followed by a default colour, and I have the feeling that I am one of those who have used it most times. I also think it really is a pity that it hasn't been used by any [online] catalog or other partlisters (that I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I understand the feeling. For me, when I open up my work (I don't code, but I do write, papers, a book, proposals, etc) to others, I expect and welcome criticism, so long as it is framed constructively. If I were to venture a guess, you aren't (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) That is closest. (...) I am not familiar to the exact meaning of open source, but I guess it can be a little like when you submit the dat code for a part to the PT. Suddenly you find that it has been changed or even renamed. In almost all (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I was speaking abstractly. (...) Yes, I agree. And it was good that you brought the topic up - I'm glad it will get developers thinking about open source. -Tim (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Absolutly not. You asked without demanding. That goes a long way with me. Like I said, the vast majority of the open source proponents are helpful and courteous. It's a small portion of the community that ruins it for some. -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) I don't think anyone said you have to insist anything. I just think that Open Source would fit in well with the philosophy of Ldraw.org, and would provide an avenue for code to be improved without depending on one person to do it all. After (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

(...) 1st off thanks for looking. Second can you post some links to 3DS stuff? I know nothing about it at the moment. I’m guessing its short for something else. That request will get tacked on the end of the exports todo list. It will take a good (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Well, it depends on how you structure it. Some open source projects have a single developer managing it and occasional patches being sent in, while others are more of a group effort. I think that "That's mine that is" still applies in the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. However, they represent only a portion of the LDRAW tool set. (...) I hope that's not an accusation. For the sake of civility I will assume you are not talking about me in particular. Open Source is a great way (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) This is just curiosity, and feel free not to answer. To clarify, you don't want people criticizing the code you put your energy into? Or, do you not want people replacing your code with 'perfectly correct' code? As for the open source (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

I can only speak for myself. I am a self-made programmer with huge voids in my programming skills. I am probably breaking every existing convention of good programming habits. I already know that, and I don't wish to have that confirmed those who (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

Hi. I like being able to say, “That’s mine that is.” about programs I write. With open source you can say, “I started that.” Both of which I think are great things to be able to say but personally I prefer the first one. It could just be chance that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

Hi Dan, This looks very good. Questions/suggestions/comments: The interface looks like Leocad's one - is that a coincidence? Please consider exporting to 3DS. Leocad does it, while Mlcad does not. Unfortunately, updating Leocad's library is (used to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

(...) For the record there are a number of LDraw tools that are open source. Here's a (incomplete) list: LDLite LDGLite LDraw Design Pad LDList LSynth Mac Brick Cad The open source initiative is great and I fully support it but the main thing going (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?

The LDRAW tools (including MLCAD) are available for free download in binary form. But the source code is kept private. I'd like to offer a word of encouragement to the authors and maintainers of the code to consider opening the source code. This (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.

Hi. Its nowhere near finished or even stable but if you want a look at a work in progress. www.mr-bucket.co.uk/GLIDE/ Since its only in alpha at the moment I'm not really looking for specific this doesn't work that's broken replies. I would like to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: CMDLINE (Issues on Parts Tracker)

I like using the CMDLINE as a concise way of documenting the default (i.e., the *usual*, not necessarily the *only*) color of a part. The CMDLINE is usually shorter than the corresponding sentence. For example, for the Minifig Flame, I'd rather see (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Yes of course, because all Lego plastic-parts are expected to be virtual available. But these parts are complex and not everybody has them in his/her collection. So part-authors for such parts are welcome. Znap and other not so much liked (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Yes, if they are genuine Lego parts then of course they would be accepted. The limiting factor would be reviewers with enough familiarity with the parts to certify them. Chris (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) (URL) look odd on the BS thumb, just click to real file) here is his profile with his contact info (URL) is currently taking a short break till about the end of May from BZP, but I am sure he is still checking his email. HTH Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) they seem to post there a fair bit. ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) I think it would depend mostly on how well they're designed. The images you cited look more like gamer graphics (rough 3D geometrics covered with "skins" to fill in all of the more specific details), but LDraw is more about fully-functional (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Well I can't really answer that but I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be. I would love for someone to create ldraw files for some of the parts in the Bohrok line so I can finally make instructions for my (URL) destroyer droid>. J (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Three Cheers for the Admins!!!

(...) Yeah, well. I was bored. ;) Unfortunately, I'm not going to be bored again for awhile. At least, not this week. Our state Odyssey of the Mind tournament is this weekend. Actually, a lot of those files are the letter bricks (which got (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 4.5V Semaphore Signal

(...) Well, that approach won't work, then. :/ Steve (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) The CMDLINE meta-statement was originally created to give us some way of giving rendering suggestions to programs that use the parts library. For instance, it was thought that we could specify a 180deg rotation for all those panel parts (like (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Snatch it?

(...) Did you try posting on Gonta's board/forum? Steve (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

I've gotten a couple of replies from people who might work on some Bionicle parts if they didn't think they'd be wasting their time or duplicating efforts. Here's a question : Would bionicle parts be allowed on the ldraw.org parts tracker ? (21 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New part: Train Wheel Old with 4 Studs and Traction Teeth

Oops, I noticed one miscalculation. The front of this wheel is not at -10.5 but at -12. Niels (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Steering Committee candidate Andrew Allan - backgrounder and position statement

Position statement Gudday people, I guess you might want to know who is Andrew and where does he stand? I’m an Australian who just happens to be the author of Mac Brick CAD (MBC). My personal involvement with LDRAW first began back in 2001 when I (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) After careful consideration of this offer, I Andrew Allan accept the nomination (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New part: Train Wheel Old with 4 Studs and Traction Teeth  [DAT]

I have created another old part. It requires one new primitive: 4-4con41 (included below) 0 Train Wheel Old with 4 Studs and Traction Teeth 0 Name: Untitled 0 Author: Niels Karsdorp 0 BFC CERTIFY CW 1 16 0 0 10 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 1 0 4-4edge.dat 1 16 0 0 (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  [Parts Tracker] No "Pattern" file numbers

Parts Authors: Please do not post "pattern" subfiles with filenames like p*.dat or p_*.dat. The filename for every subfile (ie, files in parts\s) should start with the number of a related part. Instead of "p_mtron.dat", it should be "3068p68a.dat". (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  LPub updates

Hi, A long overdue fix for Bill of Materials images is working. Jake I'm really sorry that this took so long to fix, especially in light of the grief you got for *not* having BOM images in your book. I've also modified LPub to use subdirectories for (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

I've been seeing various bionicle parts pop up in this brickshelf gallery, but I've never seen posts on lugnet or any contact info from Hadee. Anyone know if these are available some where or how to contact the author ? -JSM (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Just a note: in this situation (which apparently is not actually the situation), this file should have used a tilde (~), not an underscore. Underscores are for "official part shortcuts", which are relatively rare creatures. Steve (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) I've never used "CMDLINE -c" except under protest, and dislike its inherent obsolesence. One could argue that almost EVERY part occurs in only one colour the first time it is produced. As soon as the second colour is produced the dat file is (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Support for Orion

(...) Orion has become a cornerstone of our community and to leave him off the steering committee would be a grave mistake. In my dealings with him both on lugnet and through email he has always come across and knowledgeable, considerate and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: new and old colours

(...) L3P will support the ldconfig.ldr file and all the colors found in it. To use self defined colors please see (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) Well, I did some tests walking the tree and printing out all line type 2 as cylinders, but I didn't think it looked to well. Mostly because at some edges you only see 1/4 of the cylinder, and at other edges you see 3/4 of the cylinder. L3P (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Support for Orion

Orion has been a great contributor to the Ldraw community, technically with software, parts, website and documentation, and motivationally with much of the same. I support Orion as a member of the LDraw Steering Comittee. Kevin (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Support for Steve Bliss

Given that I think that the parts library is one of our biggest assets, I think it is important to have part librarian representation on the board. I give my support to Steve Bliss, who has great vision of where the parts library is going in the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Clikit file naming

(...) only have one "c" :) ROSCO (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clikit file naming

(...) Hmm ... I looked at that Peeron list, and it seems all the small Clikits bits are called 'icons.' Strange, but I've seen stranger [1]. When I look at the above three, I think female adapter, male adapter, and backing - cause those are the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) Thanks so much for your support. I must give credit where credit is due, though, and say that it was not I, but Terry Keller who picked up the ball immediately following James' death with the original Memorial site. Terry and Steve Bliss both (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) This is always a good argument against removing any syntax. But see below. (...) As is this one. But see below. (...) Not a large number in the scheme of things really. IF the change is done to parts as they are changed anyway... I guess what (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

Tim, You have been the cornerstone and evangelist for Ldraw since James' untimely death. I cannot imagine the Steering Committee without you. I support your candidacy for the Steering Committee. Kevin (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) I would say that it's a good thing to leave them in. 2 reasons for this: - Once developers decide they want to support it, the implementation is aleady there. - To remove them would force all the parts that have the command to go thruogh PT (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Thanks. What would the downside be of, over time, as parts go through review and renewal anyway, gradually discontinuing the use of this command? It is not a large number of parts that use this anyway, right? ++Lar (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Snatch it?

(...) Well guys, no dice. We sent an Email in Japanese to every address we could find. Thay all bounced undeliverable. I guess this means that if you want to use his parts then you'll have to rework them for PT complience and then submit giving (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Basically the CMDLINE staement specifies a default color for the part. This is useful if the part only came in one color. I far as I know, no LDraw programs actually use this Meta command. -Orion (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Could we have a review/explanation of the use of CMDLINE again? (or a pointer to documentation). While I support not making unnecessary changes, I'm not sure I understand if this one is necessary or not. (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) Reposting also. [snip lots of good stuff] (...) Kevin - You're a great guy, and I sincerely appreciate all of the contributions you have made to the LDraw community. I'd like to proudly voice my support to your candidacy for the Steering (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) I think Kevin brings a lot to the table. He's got the tool author's perspective, as well as having a good user perspective and a solid grounding in general software development. He would make a great committee member and I look forward to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

This is a repost to the proper group. I first started using LDraw and MLCAD when I finished my first successful biped robot. I had only one RCX, and if I was going to make anything else I was going to have to take apart my robot. It was easier (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: happy easter

(...) Hi again, I started a new picture with the same parameters. But this time I switched from hdri to radiosity. I also added a neutral background. I can't show you the results because now (8,5 hours later) it's not finished. The details and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) I personally think it would be worth leaving this as-is, because this part originally appeared in the 2002-03 parts update, but the gold version didn't come out until 2003. I wouldn't want to have to delete cmdline statements from official (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact