 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5171
Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:12:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Could we have a review/explanation of the use of CMDLINE again? (or a pointer to
documentation). While I support not making unnecessary changes, I'm not sure I
understand if this one is necessary or not.

Basically the CMDLINE staement specifies a default color for the part.  This is
useful if the part only came in one color.  I far as I know, no LDraw programs
actually use this Meta command.

Thanks.

What would the downside be of, over time, as parts go through review and renewal
anyway, gradually discontinuing the use of this command?

It is not a large number of parts that use this anyway, right?

++Lar