 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5180
Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, "Larry Pieniazek"
<larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote:

I guess what I am driving at here is, while removing a command is always
something that should not be undertaken lightly, does removing this command have
benefits that outweigh the cost? What benefit does the command actually give the
language anyway, for that matter?

The CMDLINE meta-statement was originally created to give us some way of giving
rendering suggestions to programs that use the parts library.

For instance, it was thought that we could specify a 180deg rotation for all those
panel parts (like 4215) whose normal position hides the printed surface.

Steve