 Administrative / General / 10284
Re: Flaming about guidance given
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:32:42 GMT

Consider the alternative: guidance given and received without incident, and
no flamage. Wouldn't that be much more pleasant? The appropriate response to
guidance is "thanks, I'll keep that in mind", not bucking.

Yeah, I agree on that one. I would rather have a discussion without the
arguements, so I can have peace of mind, cuz right now, this has nothing to
do with portholes.
I said it before... the fact that "rowdy elements" unreasonably buck against
guidance isn't going to make me (and others) stop giving it. But it does
indeed get very tiresome to get dragged into these relatively pointless
discussions about it over and over when the admins have already said it's
appropriate (and appreciated) to give gentle guidance.

Pointless, yes. Tiresome? Definitely. I've had my say on this discussion, so
I'm gonna call it quits, see ya.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112