 Administrative / General / 10278
Re: Porthole alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:11:18 GMT

<snip>

As soon as someone says "you're yelling at me" that's being ungracious as
far as I am concerned.

I don't consider that a debatable point either, really.

This is the sort of talk that makes me think that maybe there's no point in
posting anything.

That said, I admit that an argument could be made that I should have waited
a few more cycles before bucking it to here. But I decided, rightly or
wrongly, that I was going to do my darndest to keep a brawl out of
.trains.... it has a LOT of newbies in it right now, and is high traffic enough.

Yes, the discussion about the correction/rebuttal should excuse itself from
the originating forum and into ... wherever. And thanks for acknowledging
that it is possible to disagree. Correcting a correction/rebuttal thread for
not hightailing it out of a forum fast enough is almost certainly pointless.
I'm not even sure that it has even happened outside of laboratory conditions.

If someone has CONSTRUCTIVE discussion about how many cycles of "did too/did
not" is appropriate, I'm all ears. I thought 1 cycle was plenty. Maybe I'm
wrong. Convince me if you like, or not, as you choose.

But several posters in this thread may well be up to their old tricks of
carping at me as they always do. They may be a bit more veiled about it, but
carping they are. Those carpers, and their posts, can go to /dev/null for
all I care.

++Lar