 Administrative / General / 10282
Re: Porthole alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
The illustration above is not at all what I picture Larry's actions to be.  Nor
is it what I picture anyone else's actions who has advocated community policing
to be.

I'm not clearly for Larry's POV or Bram's POV in the recent situation, it seems
a bit nebulous.  They both make good points, I won't side either way in this
one.

BUT - what I do see is people claiming others are hunting people down, and
little weight behind those words.  Sure, some of us, myself included, have
strongly advocated users correcting other users, both to keep issues out of
admin hands so they don't have to deal with them and also because it preserves
the desired atmosphere, but that's different than actively seeking people out
like the illustration above.

Yo, I didn't mean it that way, I just meant that it gets a bit annoying when
someone goes out deliberately, throws in a nasty comment, and then starts a
posting war. For example, when Lar correctad Bram, he said something about
"Hey, nice advertisement for your BrickLink store! And you turn your nose up
at banner ads!", and then he went off later to follow up on another messsage
to drive his policing in further, at that point, probably starting this
argument, which is completely senseless.
Now, I don't know about you, but if someone told me that, I would be angry,
not only because it's like a public court hearing, but because it is plain
wrong. It's like having the cops arrest you twice for the same crime. Now, I
don't agree with repeat offenders of posting, but I would like to see this
move to email, if the Admin. or Curators should have to follow up.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112