 Administrative / General / 10277
Re: Porthole alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 05:12:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:

(nor was there
much reason for my rebuttal in the first place).

There is NO reason for a rebuttal to guidance, ever, unless you think
there's an issue with the guidance.

The proper response to guidance, *unless you think there is an issue* is
"thanks, I'll keep that in mind". Nothing else. See Shiri's post I cited and
the response it got.

IF you think there is an issue, it's off topic for any group other than
admin.general. (until and unless there is a group lugnet.community.guidance
started)

That's not to say that there might not be an issue but that issue IMHO, is
off topic for the original group, because it's not a "trains" issue, it's an
admin issue.