  *95066 (-100)
  Re: Exploration Ship

(...) Thanks Joseph, I actually did make the model in real life and then made it in MLCAD (I didn't take any real pictures with a camera). I actually thought nobody liked it because it seems so boxy to me and the land gear, well lets not talk about (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Most wanted color other than those in the brick packs

(...) Transparent Clear. Lots and lots of transparent clear. Trans-clear? hmmm that is redundant isn't it. -Lord Insanity "A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men" Visit me at: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Double Size YC#375 under construction

I am in the process of building a double size Yellow Castle set #375. Please visit my site and see some pics of the work in progress. Link directly by going to: (URL) Ben Gatrelle (remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply) FU set to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO BABY set

Here's another cool use for the rings (thought I'd put my camel to work): (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.primo)

  Re: Target UPC phenomenon

(...) I think they do that to force the cashier to use the discounted price label on the box / maybe the items is discounted due to damage ?.. I got a large frame from target that was discounted for some slight damage and the UPC was marked thru... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: I'm sick of nqc (fwd)

Hi Arjen, (...) Don't confuse patience with experience. There is a reason I would VERY much like to see something like Logo as the entry level language for robotics. And this is one of them. The current toolset for Logo is either simplisticly (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Most wanted color other than those in the brick packs

(...) I would like to see tan, purple and orange (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) corrently making one named after an ocean creature that is not a fish. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) I was in k-mart booragoon (australia) today looking to see if the 2000 lego catalog was in and I overheard an interesting conversation. I cant remember the details but basicly the upshot was that a parent chose the tv helicopter set for a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Will's Small Castle Auction - Update 7

I acquired the following sets in a lot I purchased over the holidays. As a townie I have no use for these so I've decided to auction them off. The rules are pretty simple: This is a G1, G2, SOLD auction with advances occuring approximately every 24 (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Lego show in myer city store

I was in the myer city store earlier today and I decided to look at the lego show that was in. It was amazing what TLG can do when they can make unlimited quantities of lego in any color that they need. Lets hope lego direct can allow us access to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Most wanted color other than those in the brick packs

If TLG was going to make the brick service pack in any one color that they do not currently make it in which one would you like them to make? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NQC on Windows CE platforms

Looks like Hiromu Okada has some interesting software! Do you (or anybody else) allready have experience using the IrDA port of a standard portable PC for downloading software to the RCX yet? Filip Issac Merkle <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!

(...) As an update, she loves it :) Although she will probably take about a month to finish it, as opposed to the 11-hour-stay-up-all-night stint that I might do! I had a spare 6278 (Enchanted Island), so I asked her if she wanted something (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) I think I'll try that in future :) I got a bunch of early-mid 70s town sets, and the instructions in those actually made me *think*, I had to lie down from the shock! My point being - I'd really love to know why the instructions and sets (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Episode 1 Manga (Japanese Comic)

(...) It already has been. Well, the first issue, anyway. By Dark Horse, in the same format as their other Star Wars Manga books. I have to admit, I only leafed through it, so I really can't comment on how it is. eric (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: offtopicy sort of thing

According to that elementary physics, you are converting power into heat as part of this process. Usually, when downgearing an engine, the intention is to have more power at the slower speed (for better climbing, lifting, etc.). This will not be the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego Outlets?

(...) And St Jacobs, Ontario. (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What kind of motor comes with the 4559?

(...) Mine happens on the worst place...right at the steepest point of the railway...ah well... (...) No, but I use 2 MRC Tech 2 packs for power, because I find them nicer to use than the Lego ones. I had them before I had the lego trains. Don't use (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm sick of nqc

Dear Mr/Mrs Lego Robotics, I found the tutorial quite helpful, but then I'm an experienced C programmer. Be aware that programming in an language like C (or NQC) is not something you learn from scratch in one day. Stick with the standard Mindstorms (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Divers (was: Lugnet Roll-call)

(...) I find the best way to "use" the sets is to combine them with the pirate theme (whice I don't have much of) in sort of a "sunken ship" diorama. This enhances the fun of the set a lot. I don't actually understand why this didn't occur more to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.town)

  Re: What kind of motor comes with the 4559?

I have experienced this interesting phenomenon - luckily it occurs in a 1.5m long tunnel about 7 track meters from the controller feed point so the slower speed prevents of derailing in 'the dark hole' (sometimes!). I recently tried several motors (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

I don't know about W98, it runs without errors on W95. The download bat calls firmdl which assumes the tower is connected to com port 1. CU Bert Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Lego pBricks www.bvandam.net -----Oorspronkelijk (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: batterie nicd

(...) una (...) A-ha! Si parla male degli assenti, eh? Non è che mi abbiate preso molto in considerazione con il thread per raggruppare le liste di set disponibili. Devo sentirmi snobbato? ;-) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?

(...) I gotta jump in here and recommend: (URL) the bottom of the second page there is a 30 minute manual to HTML composition available in various formats. Highly recommended. If you need to tweak images for web optimization (to me this usually just (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Is BASIC gone for 2000?

I´ve browsed the BrickShelf scans, and can´t find them there. Are they gone, or do they still exist? --Tobias (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Dansk Lego 2000 Katalog

Hej Var det ekspedienten der fortalte at kataloget kun gælder for første halvår? Christian (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.dk)

  Re: Night Lord's Castle (6097) on sale at KBKids.com

Nick Goetz wrote in message ... (...) Go to www.kb-kids.com and search for: 103052 Don't forget the 20% off coupon from www.flamingoworld.com or www.deal-finder.com Good luck! I love these deals! (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Kaduus?

Great idea! They'll make good, uh, emu-like running dinosaurs. -- Paul Davidson Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote in message news:FoBvKs.73u@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: I'm sick of nqc

(...) You might be interested in checking out the following two links: (URL) ("The next step up from Lego's visual programming system for MindStorms without having to program in a text based programming language") (URL) (UCBLogo for the Mindstorms (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Scan your stickers

(...) I've created a FAQ on scanning Stickers... Is there any interest? Basically for black and white I'll use Clear plastic labels and my laser printer. For the colour ones I'll make a sheet and then have them printed at a print shop in colour on (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) LOL! it just struck me that this thread has gone from shoulder pads to high heels! where's the joan crawford mini-fig!? later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Velky Nakladak 5571

Tak jsem to konecne dal dohromady. Trvalo to 2 verecy a asi 8 hodin staveni. Je to opravdu obrovske lego a velmi velmi detailny! ;) Kdyz jsem rozbalil vsechny sacky tak z toho byla hromada lega ktera zabrala celej stul. Tolik lega v jedny stavebnici (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.cs)

  Re: Using a 293B/293D combination

I read on this list over a year ago that you *can* piggyback the two different chips together and still get the spike protection from the L293D. It was explained that you don't need to piggyback two L293D chips, because one spike-protecting chip (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Lego Outlets?

(...) Georgia and Virginia, though I foget the exact locations. There are also LEGO stores in Florida, Minnesota, and California. (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target UPC phenomenon

(...) They will be going on another round of price reductions Wednesday. If they get any cheaper, I will post it (after I clean out all of our stores!) Mike (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Parsing Pause database

(...) Thanks. I'll see what I can do with it... --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Lego Outlets?

While I'm thinking of it, Where are the Lego Outlets? Are there more than one? (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Sith Infiltrator pics?

(...) I know you can get great pictures from the Episode 1 Cutaway book which is like $15.00 and by either the micromachine or the die cast Sith infiltrator. That is what I usually do when I am building a new model. Mike (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

Hi NELUG, I sure wanted to attend your meeting last Monday but it was really impossible to get in from New York. Now I'm driving over this weekend to see the TCS store (ok it's not the only reason.) Also I would love to contribute a piece to the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Target Observations

Red dots means there aren't any in the backroom. Grey dots means same as above but the item has been ordered. (...) Jorge Rodríguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Scan your stickers

(...) I would like to try this with any sticker. What kind of sticker paper do you use? Sometimes I print-out images on paper & then tape them. -J.W.Hummer www.geocities.com/spincity999 (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Roman Villa MOC Updated

Hi all, I have posted an update to my second big building project. This one is a Roman provincial villa, and as Erik Wilson said about it, now the ordinary population of the Ancient Theme has somewhere to live. (URL) villa is a sprawling, modular (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Episode 1 Manga (Japanese Comic)

I hope this is the right group for this (it has to do with Star Wars, afterall)... Anyway, i got the latest issue of Animerica (www.animerica-mag.com), and inside was an article on the Episode 1 Manga (Japanese Comic). The Artist, Kia Asamiya, is (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Target UPC phenomenon

No ripped UPC's although I did notice the UPC on one of my finds was mutilated with a black magic marker..??? why I don't know!! Regards Dave PS want a train set for that price as well "Dan Delcollo" <dpdelcollo@ucdavis.edu> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Now I know why there aren't any good deals around here -- too many AFOLs! As soon as the prices dip, the vultures swoop in. ;) Of course, having Larry living *between* me and all the big stores doesn't help. (...) Hmm. I can't wait to see what (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Any interest in Unitron #1789 ?

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:387FEF21.CEC4CD...rve.com... (...) No, there aren't. :) "Making the rounds" requires visiting only five stores. But this place is actually a hardware/furniture store with a funny little (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

(...) True, but special pieces -- anything from roof-peak-connector slopes to whole minifigs -- will be worth more money to builders, so TLC will be incentivized to offer smaller lots of these pieces, at a higher price per piece. At least, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

(...) Hmm, yes, I see what you mean. I should add a few to my ship, just in case of emergency. The eternal in-process LDraw ship is at: (URL) Steve (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I saw 6097 for $40 today.

Well, that KBKids.com does beat this deal, except that this is in Canada, and you can't order from KBKids.com if you live in Canada. So I guess the offer still stands for fellow Canucks. -- Paul Davidson Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Target UPC phenomenon

Noticed an interesting phenomenon at Target stores and was wondering if anyone here knew the reason. I too participated in the mad dash to target clearance for all sorts of great stuff. I was specifically after Mindstorms stuff. I was able to find a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  (canceled)

  Re: I saw 6097 for $40 today.

(...) Yeah, but at $32, I think it is a pretty good deal! (...) Hehe. Don't worry, I understand! It happens to me sometimes, especially after a week of work or school. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

kevin-knoot@uiowa.edu (Kevin Knoot) wrote in <FoCJ8u.GL9@lugnet.com>: (...) That's how I build most of my new sets. Dump the pieces out, hide the instructions, and see how close I can get to the pictures on the box. This is usually trivial with (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: SW9 model

Oh man Larry I hope you did not have to type those instructions in because my LDraw program is broken (might be from that virus in my floppy). I have an address from a page from KCS (Kansas City Southern) Railroad (passes though my area) But they (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Jan/Feb Mania

mah3000@aol.com (Mark A. Herzberg) wrote in <FoCGFx.JEM@lugnet.com>: (...) Does anyone know when exactly this convention will be? The ad doesn't mention the dates. It points you to www.legolandca.com, which seems to have absolutely no information (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I saw 6097 for $40 today.

(...) Oh my gosh! I'm such an idiot (1). I thought you meant 6093, the Ninja castle. I already have the Batlord castle. Got it for $40 in KB in the Natick mall. I think they're fresh out of these by now, though. I read it quickly, I was excited... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My ReVUE: 6710

Background: I was at Toy Works and saw a small batch of these hidden behind some other LEGO sets around March 1999. I had to get them at only $1.99 each. Then, it was deja-vu. I was at MacFrugal's just about a month ago and found a small stack (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Parsing Pause database

BramL@JUNO.com (Bram Lambrecht) wrote in <FoCz5y.DMp@lugnet.com>: (...) <STDIN>; (...) copy of (...) some (...) Bram, check out: (URL) think the files referenced on those pages are already basically in the format you're looking for. That's where (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Bulk Ordering - Results Revealed

(...) I must say, wow. Looks like a professional lego set up. Is that red building the bank that showed up around 88 or so? I seem to recall builiding that thing at one point in time in my life. (My legos are about 1700 miles away so I can't check (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Parsing Pause database

(...) What exactly does this bit of code do? How do I use it? (I've done some programming, but only in C, and nothing really fancy) Where can I get a copy of bynumber.txt?--if it includes all the info I need, I could probably throw some code (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Parsing Pause database

(...) I don't care how ugly it is as long as it works and its not to hard to use...where can I get it? --Bram (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Scoop what?

What media works well for scooping with front-end buckets and back-hoes, e.g., the scoops in Service Pack 5284 "Loading Grabs" and set 8459 "Pneumatic Front-End Loader"? We need a medium that scoops easily from a flat surface, a pile, or a bin. It (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An incredible site!

(...) lugnet.com/cool/ site... see - they work;) I spent most of my time reading about picture taking techniques, and would recommend to anyone else that is going to past scans online to do the same - just to see what is out there. -- pn (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) Quick note - you can use that as a slope with something covering up the back of it. I often use two of them back-to-back to have a pillar base. They can also be used in other "creative" ways as slopes ... -- pn (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Any interest in Unitron #1789 ?

(...) Howdja know? There's probably another PG AFOL reading this NG who goes off and buys whatever you report finding <g>. After al, there can't be that many places to buy Lego in PG... Kevin (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I saw 6097 for $40 today.

(...) Even better: KBKids.com has them for the same price, plus if you use the 20% off coupon code from Flamingoworld.com or Deal-finder.com, you can get it for about $32!! See this message: (URL) Jeff (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) the (...) counterparts...) (...) LOL! Do they never take them off? Ouch! that must hurt ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) I'd like quite a few, you can dump them on me instead of in the dog ;-) (...) Lucky for me, I only have one. It *could* be used for other females - prob is, it's ugly... ;-) (...) You can dispose a green one on me - I need one for my green (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  needed ?unofficial? parts.....

I am looking for 4 DAT files that are part of Bart's 8860 DAT file, but were not included. Bart must be busy, or otherwise indisposed, so I would ask if anyone has these to send them to me?? WH_SUB.DAT ZUIGER.DAT TAPBASE.DAT L_WHEEL.DAT Thanks! Eric (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) I'd like quite a few, you can dump them on me instead of in the dog ;-) (...) Lucky for me, I only have one. It *could* be used for other females - prob is, it's ugly... ;-) (...) You can dispose a green one on me - I need one for my green (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

You can work the spring off the top of the plunger by pulling on it and unscrewing it over the knob on the plunger. It will distort the spring slightly, but it can be reinstalled in a reverse manner and still work well. -- Bob Fay (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I saw 6097 for $40 today.

(...) Oooh! Where d'ya see it? Maybe I live nearby. I want it (especially for *that* price!) -Shiri (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  OxOc register

I had short circuit my TOC3 with a 5V source once. i changed the processor and the board worked. but i noticed that whenever i downloaded the pcode.s19 file, it wants to set the OxOD register instead of the OxOc. i downloaded config0c.s19 from the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: where to find discontinued sets?

S@H phone specials can be found by following the link on the Lugnet home page. I just purchased two sub kits (the ones from a couple years back with the pneumatic arms) for $25.00 a piece. There are several technic sets weekly, but act quickly, as (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  An incredible site!

Every once in a while I find a site that displays some very inspiring creations, but hasn't been mentioned here (that I've seen). This is one of those times: (URL) impressive is his huge Ninja fortress. Just enormous, and very well-thought-out. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Jan/Feb Mania

(...) Ick! I don't think I even *want* to know what context that is in now! :) Richard (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  [FS] eBay 5561 big foot 4x4 MI<banged up>B

Well, before I bought 20 of these today (hope they come) I put one up on eBay. This is a banged up one I got at KB earlier this week and I paid 40 plus MA tax. Joke's on me, I put it up on eBay for a buck and it's languishing at 26 bucks! So if you (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Jan/Feb Mania

(...) The chef is referring to bat guano.....the stuff found on the floors of bat roosts. Dave (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Jan/Feb Mania

(...) For the benefit of international readers, could you elaborate please? :) Richard (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Rechargable battery questions

I use an external battery pack whenever possible/practical. It has 8 (not 6) NiMh cells, providing a total of 9.6 volts. Works fine. Actually, it produces a little more power than ordinary batteries. You need a socket for external power on the RCX (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Jan/Feb Mania

(...) Yeah, and how about that "weird scenes" picture? I about fell off my chair when I read what the chef was saying...was anybody else *really* surprised by that? I have to wonder who at LEGO has such a bizarre sense of humor... J (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:FoC0B9.85w@lugnet.com... (...) shoulder (...) metalurgy (...) also (...) the (...) Hey, that looks really cool! That army looks pretty impressive now. Nice photography, too! Lighting's good, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Saw some 6250s and 6296s on sale today.

As I said, they were $30 Canadian ($20 US). That's not too bad, particularly for the 6250 (Cross Bones Clipper). Anyone interested? -- Paul Davidson (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  I saw 6097 for $40 today.

That's a pretty good deal, right? Anyone want it? Shipping will probably be killer, though, it's a huge box. -- Paul Davidson (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: GP2D02 conversion

(...) Sorry for two messages about the same subject but after playing around a bit more with it I got better results. Here is the spreadsheet to calculate the constants to convert the GP2D02 output to centimeters: 0.1233 1.0320 9.3078 GP2D02 Actual (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Any interest in Unitron #1789 ?

My deepest regrets, everyone! I went back today, and they had sold it! (they only had one in the first place) That's the second time that's happened to me, too. I don't get it--no one even knows about that place. Argh. -- Paul Davidson Ralph Döring (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

I just purchased a technic sub with the large pneumatic pump. I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove the spring from the pump. I've seen pictures of motorized compressors with the spring off the pump, but don't see how you get it off (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Night Lord's Castle (6097) on sale at KBKids.com

(...) They're for parts, and investment. Not nearly the biggest bill I've run up in one day, that's for sure. Abner's the trust fund hippie. I'm corporate, but hardly a CEO. ++Lar (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Ebay auction advice

(...) emphasis mine ^^^^ (...) Urns? are we talking Grecian Urns here or what? :-) ++lar (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) it's their high heeled shoes underneath, i'm sure! later ~ craig~ (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Good places to buy?

I just moved back to the City and I was wondering if there were any "good" places around here for buying Lego stuff. The standard TRU, etc, are more expensive than the ones in the DC area. So - any tips on where to find good prices in NYC? Josh (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Inventory of the RDS?

Has anyone got/sone and inventory for the robotics discovery system? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) Maybe all his leaders are female? (The 'dress' slope is taller than a standard pair of minifig legs, so all of the dresswearing LEGOwomen are quite a bit taller than their male counterparts...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

(...) Do you get any kind of discount? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Interesting observations... (TLG business/marketing practice)

(...) I don't think that stores are that interested in stocking lots of large sets right after Christmas. The general retailers are in the process of cutting their toy footage in half (or so). That's why e.g. Target sells off so many clearance sets (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) kind of like lego meets puzz-3d? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) new (...) the (...) barbarian-type (...) Can anyone tell me which sets came with this piece? Thanx, Bill (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rechargable battery questions

(...) I prefer rechargeable alkalines myself (such as Rayovac Renewal). They have the same nominal cell voltage as alkalines, charge quickly, have excellent shelf life, and no memory effect. The downside is that their total charge is somewhat less (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test

(...) the exec (...) The answer isn't pretty.... As near as I can tell (sorry, not much of a Windows expert), the command line gets passed in its entirety to the executable, which then is responsible for parsing it into separate arguments. For the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Skipped 12 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact