 Trains / 3604
Re: What kind of motor comes with the 4559?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
I have experienced this interesting phenomenon - luckily it occurs in a 1.5m
long tunnel about 7 track meters from the controller feed point so the slower
speed prevents of derailing in 'the dark hole' (sometimes!).

Mine happens on the worst place...right at the steepest point of the
railway...ah well...

I'd be more interested in finding a way of slowing down the trains for finer
speed control - has anyone tried 'pulse' controllers from traditional model
railways?

No, but I use 2 MRC Tech 2 packs for power, because I find them nicer to use
than the Lego ones.  I had them before I had the lego trains.  Don't use pulse
power with the Lego motors, it makes them very noisy.  I would suspect that a
PWM controller would be fine, since the RCX uses PWM for speed control.

James P