 Trains / 3586
Re: What kind of motor comes with the 4559?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:27:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Nick Taylor writes:
Ben ... IMHO the 4559 locomotive is great!  They just beg to be built
with two motors ... they're just the right weight to give two motors
excellent traction.  Two two motor units will pull more cars than the
magnetic couplers can handle!

Do you perhaps mean a different set? 4559 (ref:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4559 )

has a little tiny engine built on top of the motor unit. It's difficult to see
how to give it two motors. Even the alternate steamer has only one. (oh how I
long for the days when Lego train sets came with alternate model directions...)

4565 or 4551 maybe? Those are both locos that could take two motors. Even 4564,
perhaps. But surely not 4559.

Our one does. I have an engine are each end (toot toot {1}). But I do hate the
hook-up system in these sets... stupid stupid stupid. I keep meaning to replace it
with a magnetic one, and extent the back of the cab to form another cargo holder.
Not very original I know.

Scott A

{1} Feel free to make your own train sounds at this point.