 Technic / 811
Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:16:12 GMT

You can work the spring off the top of the plunger by pulling on it and
unscrewing it over the knob on the plunger. It will distort the spring
slightly, but it can be reinstalled in a reverse manner and still work well.

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

The Shop
http://www.geocities.com/bobfay_98
"Jeff Canar" <j_canar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I just purchased a technic sub with the large pneumatic pump.  I was • wondering
if there is an easy way to remove the spring from the pump.  I've seen • pictures
of motorized compressors with the spring off the pump, but don't see how • you
get it off (aside from cutting the spring and tearing it off).

thanks in advance,
jeff