 Technic / 1016
Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:05:18 GMT

"Peter A. Vogel" wrote:

Note that most of the motorized compressors I've seen on the web do
not use the large pump that comes with the explorer sub, they use
the smaller things.  Somewhere there is a web site that describes using
an RCX to measure the efficiency of 3 compressor designs, one uses
a single compressor piston, another uses two (with only one compressed
at a time) and the 3rd uses the large pump with the spring removed.  The
large
pump did not perform well as a component of a motorized compressor.

It's here
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh/actest.htm

--
C S Soh