 General / 13660
Re: Interesting observations... (TLG business/marketing practice)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 01:21:44 GMT

Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote:

It stinks because at the best time to buy lego  (The post christmas sales)
the coolest sets are not available. I want the falcon now whilst there
is a 30% off all lego sale

I don't think that stores are that interested in stocking lots of large
sets right after Christmas.  The general retailers are in the process of
cutting their toy footage in half (or so).  That's why e.g. Target sells
off so many clearance sets at a loss even though they'll restock many of
the same sets in 6 months, or sometimes less.

TLC's release schedule has never made much sense to me in that they do
release the new stuff right after the Christmas buying season, but the
mid-year releases do make some sense if you think of it in terms of the
stores stocking up in late summer/early fall for the Christmas season.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/