 Technic / 16089
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts’ out there... six questions, Really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would you like to see?

After reading all of the posted replies to what “we” the enthusiasts would want to see from Lego Technic I wish to go on record supporting some of my colleges vehicle ideas and list a few of my own. However, as per several of the posted replies it should be noted that not all kits must be large to ultimately be regarded as a decent model. The key aspect to any model is functionality (one of Technic Lego’s most important design attributes). The models size should be reflective of the machine it is to represent. How the machine operates should be captured within the toys capability. To omit certain actions of a machine just to scale it up or down somehow seems wrong. The model should do what its realistic counterpart is meant to do. Its size should be extrapolated based upon what the connected bricks can ultimately achieve in a realistic form. So please don’t just go trying to make a kit bigger so “we” can have more pieces on the shelf. Instead, make us all appreciate the true ingenuity behind the minds of the Lego Technic design team by forcing us, “the customers” to always enjoy what you develop next.

I suggest the following kit idea;

Stationary windmill / wind turbine Telescope – with working lenses Helicopter – dual rotor CH-47 Chinook (used for search & rescue or Medi-vac) Ship – self unloading North American Great lakes class Street Cleaner / Street sweeper Scissor jack – portable man lift platform used on construction sites

I support the following kit ideas with the noted modifications;

Cement mixer truck – with working chute & self unloading slinger conveyor Family Car – reworked as Mini-Van functional sun roof and folding seats, sliding doors Manufacturing plant – robotic NXT conveyor coordination to produce or do something Skid Steer track machine by Bobcat – done in Black & white with red Bobcat colours

I support the following kit ideas;

Locomotive train engine Hover craft – civilian transport Road grader Compactor (also known as a steam roller 4x4 Pickup Truck (North American configuration)

In conclusion, Many thanks to the entire Lego community for keeping our hobby alive and a sincere thanks you to Kelly McKiernan for posting the opportunity for us all to comment.

Regards,

Tom Netherway