 Technic / 15918
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 23:41:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote:

I would love to see an "assembly line" style Technic series (each kit does
something on it's own, but buying more than one allows you to link them together
to make something more complex in an automated fashion). The question is if you
can do this without "electronic" automation (without the NXt for instance),
which would really drive the price up.

I think the idea of models that perform some direct mechanical function is a
good one. As a child, I remember being immensely pleased with the "fan" I built
from http://peeron.com/inv/sets/8020-1 - it was just powered by a hand crank.
That example is hardly as sophisticated as an assembly line, but the idea of
making some kind of game or system out of each individual device seems like a
viable way to market a series of kits.

Jim