 Technic / 15892
15891  |  15893
Subject:
I'll third that!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 23:57:33 GMT

Allan's suggestions are all excellent.  I've never been a big Technic
builder/collector either, but the ones that I bought were the ones that DIDN'T
fall within the usual vehicle selections of cranes & farming equipment.  The
#8480 Space Shuttle is a perfect example.  It appealed to Technic fans AND Space
fans!  Win-win!

I'd like to see a much wider range of vehicles, perhaps an F-18 Hornet from the
Blue Angels, which would skirt TLG's desire not to portray military vehicles in
their service paint job.  Technic fans have been drowning in crane trucks,
4x4's, bikes and tractors for YEARS.  It's time to expand the field to include
new vehicles and new building challenges.

I'd also really like to see Technic sets that don't necessarily have a
real-world basis.  You could create sets based on licensed or original TLG
themes that would not only provide new design choices but present a more
integrated marketing approach by producing sets and themes that can appeal to a
much wider age range.

Dave S.