 Technic / 15913
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mervyn Tomb wrote:

What about some process line plant, that would manipulate an
object on a conveyer and maybe put it in a box... Why doesn't
Lego Technic take us to the fairground and give us some
complex sun and planetary motions and G forces...

I think we've gone very far beyond the "vote for some of these stock models"
point of the original post, but as long as we've gone there... <grin>...

I would love to see an "assembly line" style Technic series (each kit does
something on it's own, but buying more than one allows you to link them together
to make something more complex in an automated fashion). The question is if you
can do this without "electronic" automation (without the NXt for instance),
which would really drive the price up.

Another option I think might actually sell well (in addition to being fun for
AFoLs... not always the same thing ;-) ), is GBC modules. I've had no end of fun
building and displaying these, but perhaps more important it seems to have
caught on with kids and school groups. And, again, you could make a number of
them that follow the standard, and the more modules your have, the more fun you
can have arranging them... Toss in 10 balls per module, and your soccer ball
supply is self-sufficient as you buy new modules.

--
Brian Davis