 Technic / 15882
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts out there... six questions,
really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would {you} like to see?

I'm not the world's biggest Technic fan, I will admit that.  But I've been a
Technic (a.k.a. Expert Builder) fan for a while and still have my original #853
Auto Chassis, #854 Go-kart and #850 Fork Lift.  I also have a handful of newer
Technic models including (but not limited to) #8444 the Air Enforcer and #8250
the yellow sub.

I went through and answered each of your polls, but in doing so I noticed one
thing.  Of all the models offered in the polls one was a helicopter, three were
personal vehicles (go-kart, ATV and a motorcycle) while the remainder were all
one form or another of construction or agricultural equipment. The current
offering of Technic models on LEGO.com mirrors this ratio to some degree. The
category with the largest number of models is 'Construction' while the smallest
category is 'Speed'.

Now, before I give the wrong idea I want to stress that I love the way that LEGO
Technic models are able to dulplicate some of the realistic functions found on
cranes, bulldozers, tractors etc. But on the other hand, I wonder if it's at all
possible to look at releasing more models that aren't specifically tied to
construction or farming.  What kinds of models might those be?  Here are a few
random ideas, in no particular order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CL-415
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-64_Skycrane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moller_Skycar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:957bWoU.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/marylin90504/image/50656911 (*)

I'm sure there are other things that could be brainstormed to go on a list like
that, but those are just some ideas off the top of my head - before I've had any
coffee!

As noted above, I think showcasing Technic's ability to recreate realistic
functions is a fantastic thing and for that you'll always want to have some
construction and farming vehicles.  But maybe somewhere along the way there's
room for other subject matter too.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.

(*) Not the best pic of a rail dragster, but you get the idea.  :)