 Technic / 15890
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:53:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts out there... six questions, really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would you like to see?

I’ve created six polls on LUGNET, each with 3 or 4 choices for a given price range. Now’s a good time to let LEGO hear your voice - please let us know which type of vehicle you’d prefer in a given price range.

This is an informal community poll, there are no guarantees that the top scorers will actually be made into TECHNIC sets at some point. However, it’s important for the company to see what its consumers prefer, of course. Thanks for your votes!

TECHNIC Poll 1: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €129.99 range?

TECHNIC Poll 2: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €79.99 range?

TECHNIC Poll 3: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €49.99 range?

TECHNIC Poll 4: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €49.99 range?

TECHNIC Poll 5: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €29.99 range?

TECHNIC Poll 6: Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €19.99 range?

Thank you,
Kelly McKiernan, LEGO TECHNIC Webmaster

Ah finally. It’s great to see that lego want to know what we want when it comes to lego TECHNIC.

However for me it is not only about the chosen inspiration for a model, but what functionality and parts (especially new function orientated parts) are in that set. I would really like to see realistic live axles with drive/steering/suspention in a technic set. There are many many more ideas in a thread called “technic, what happened to the good old days?” I would really recommend reading this thread.

As for the insirations for models in that poll I was not that exited on the whole. Farming equipment is soooooooooooooo boring. Tractor goes forward, tractor goes back. tractor goes forward, tractor turns left. That fine for a tiny technic model but a larger model should offer much more than that. Here is my list of models that I think would be good starting points for sets.

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €129.99 range?

Sea king rescue helicoptor (including fully functional cyclic/collective/tail rotor pitch controls for both pilots, motor, winch)

JCB back hoe (including motorized air compressor/4 wheel drive/engine, longer pneumatics, steering, tilting front axle)

Super car (including 6 speed+revease gearbox with gear stick linkages, V8/10 engine, suspention, steering)

Truck/crane (including 4 live axles, 8 wheel drive (motorised), 4 wheel steering, suspention)

Monster truck (including live axles, suspention, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, gearbox, engine, motorised)

Excavator (incuding motorised air compressor/tracks/engine/superstructure rotation, much longer pneumatics, steering via gearbox)

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €79.99 range?

Monster truck (including live axles, suspention, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, gearbox, engine, can be motorised)

Motorbike (including in-line 4 engine, gearbox, front and rear suspention, working brakes, steering)

Family car (including engine, gearbox, suspention, steering, can be motorised)

Garbage/tipper truck (including live axles, steering, suspention, engine, longer pneumatics)

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €49.99 range?

Dragster (including motor, engine, steering)

Helicopter (including fully funtional cyclic control, can me motorised)

Trike (including front and rear suspention, engine, steering)

Dune buggy (including 4 wheel drive, steering, suspention, engine, can be motorised)

Tow truck (including motor, winch, steering, engine)

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €39.99 range?

Twin prop plane (including twin engines, fully functional alearons, can be motorised)

Motorbike (including front and rear suspention, V-twin engine, steering)

Forklift truck (including longer pneumatic, steering)

Quad bike (including front and rear suspention, steering, engine)

Universal set (including motor)

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €29.99 range?

Prop plane (including engine, working alearons)

Go-cart (including engine, steering)

Cable car (including motor)

Universal set

Which TECHNIC model(s) would you buy in the €19.99 range?

Beach buggy (including steering)

Trike (including engine)

Motorbike (including pull-back-and-go feature)