 Technic / 15889
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:52:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts out there... six questions,
really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would {you} like to see?

I wonder if it's at all possible to look at releasing more models that
aren't specifically tied to construction or farming.  What kinds of models
might those be?  Here are a few random ideas, in no particular order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CL-415
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-64_Skycrane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moller_Skycar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:957bWoU.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/marylin90504/image/50656911 (*)

I'm sure there are other things that could be brainstormed to go on a list
like that, but those are just some ideas off the top of my head - before
I've had any coffee!

As noted above, I think showcasing Technic's ability to recreate realistic
functions is a fantastic thing and for that you'll always want to have some
construction and farming vehicles.  But maybe somewhere along the way
there's room for other subject matter too.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.

I totaly agrea. How many cranes has been released over the years? I've got quit
a few my self and exept for the obvious reason of getting more/new parts they
aren't that interesting any more. 8480 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8480) comes
to mind as a great Technic set that was very original. Now I'm a total space nut
my self so I'd love to se more on that theme. But realy it's just an other
example of one of many categories that aren't directly related to construction
or farming.