 Technic / 15901
Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 06:13:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts out there... six questions, really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would you like to see?

I’ve created six polls on LUGNET, each with 3 or 4 choices for a given price range. Now’s a good time to let LEGO hear your voice - please let us know which type of vehicle you’d prefer in a given price range.

Hi Kelly,

As a regular buyer of Lego (Technic is my favourite) the three things I consider when looking at a new set (not in any order):
1. Functionality. What does this model do?
2. Useful pieces/colors. What else could I make?
3. Design. Does it look interesting to build?

Balanced against all these is what price I pay, though this picks my buying priority, not the choice of sets. I bought 2 Bulldozers within the first week of release.

It seems a large portion of the poll choices are recient technic sets or close derivities. Eg: 8275, 8421, 8436, 8282. Unless there are strong reasons (#1,#2,#3) I would be unlikely to buy, say another type of bulldozer :)

So rather than dwell on the negatives, here are some of the vehicles I’d like to see...
Elevating Scraper
Wheeled Material Handler
Grader
Skid Steer Loader (larger than 8418)

Other vehicle Ideas:
Helicopter with tilting blades
Monster Truck
Delivery van/ute chassis (fwd/gearbox/suspension)

Non vehicle ideas:
GBC modules
Detailed large scale V8 engine (try a rotary for a challange!)

   Thank you,
Kelly McKiernan, LEGO TECHNIC Webmaster

Thank you for wanting to know :)

Ha!, you probably didn’t want to know all of the above
I guess that’s what happens when a Rabid Fan of Lego(RFL) is asked for an opinion :)

Chris.