 Space / 31237
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   My love affair with the 3x12 wedge slope continues:

Argent Supra

This came out a bit more old-school than I intended. And a lot bigger (it sort of strains the boundaries of whooshability!). It was originally going to be an all-silver spaceship like a Naboo starship, but I changed my mind - and conserved the lions’ share of the silver elements for another spaceship.

The landing gear is a bit fugly, but it is sturdy and extremely compact... so I left it as-is.

Cheers,

<http://www.lugnet.com/~164/sci-fi/http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pbaulch/Icons/scifisig.jpg

Man..is that ever ‘out there’. To be honest, when I first saw it in the thumbnail I recoiled a little bit due to the lime green....truly one of the hardest colours for me to get my head around. A closer look however reveals that the spire formations on it seem to work with the outlandish colour scheme. The Bionicle/Racer bits in the engine cowling look excellent.

The only criticism I would have is the interior. For some reason, the ‘plain’ colours of black/red/gray don’t seem to fit the exterior. I would almost expect to see an all white interior with trans highlights or something. A minor personal taste.

Innovative as always Paul.

Cheers, -Gil

   Sci-Fi LEGO>