 Space / 31237
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   My love affair with the 3x12 wedge slope continues:

Argent Supra

This came out a bit more old-school than I intended. And a lot bigger (it sort of strains the boundaries of whooshability!). It was originally going to be an all-silver spaceship like a Naboo starship, but I changed my mind - and conserved the lions’ share of the silver elements for another spaceship.

The landing gear is a bit fugly, but it is sturdy and extremely compact... so I left it as-is.

Cheers,

<http://www.lugnet.com/~164/sci-fi/http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pbaulch/Icons/scifisig.jpg

Man..is that ever ‘out there’. To be honest, when I first saw it in the thumbnail I recoiled a little bit due to the lime green....truly one of the hardest colours for me to get my head around. A closer look however reveals that the spire formations on it seem to work with the outlandish colour scheme. The Bionicle/Racer bits in the engine cowling look excellent.

The only criticism I would have is the interior. For some reason, the ‘plain’ colours of black/red/gray don’t seem to fit the exterior. I would almost expect to see an all white interior with trans highlights or something. A minor personal taste.

Innovative as always Paul.

Cheers, -Gil

   Sci-Fi LEGO>

Re: Argent Supra
Man..is that ever ‘out there’. To be honest, when I first saw it in the thumbnail I recoiled a little bit due to the lime green....truly one of the hardest colours for me to get my head around. A closer look however reveals that the spire formations on it seem to work with the outlandish colour scheme. The Bionicle/Racer bits in the engine cowling look excellent.

Thanks. I actually quite like this colour, and I used it in a smaller craft but wanted to try something more adventurous, and I made a conservative guess that a gaudy colour like lime-green would need a cool neutral like chrome to improve the overall scheme.

The only criticism I would have is the interior. For some reason, the ‘plain’ colours of black/red/gray don’t seem to fit the exterior. I would almost expect to see an all white interior with trans highlights or something. A minor personal taste.

Well, I vetoed white as I didn’t want it as the interior decor colour scheme for a luxury craft... also, the belly of the foresection is effectively one element thick inside and out, to maximise the interior space... and the belly exterior is black for brick budgetary reasons, hence... black. Not sure what sort of use of trans highlights you were thinking of. if I’d organised the interior structure better, I might have been able to make it a different colour... *shrug*

Innovative as always Paul.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,