 Space / 31268
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:35:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim wrote:
   Hey Paul! Very impressive design and excellent presentation (please tell me you’ll save that landing bay for future MOCs!). You definitely are the king of the 3 X 12 slopes. I’m still struggled with what to do with the 4 I have. Those engines are probably my favorite feature. They look both powerful yet elegant and add to the smooth, luxurious appeal of this craft.

The engines are my favourite detail too. They were the inspiration for the whole thing, they in turn developed around the use of the eight 3x12 wedges in a cone-like shape.

My only suggestion would be to maybe Brasso off the decals on some of the 3 x 12 slopes. Although you’ve used the slopes masterfully, I just think those slopes don’t work as well as the JSF slopes did in your Lance and Flame starships. The JSF slopes are more subtle and complimented your design while these are stronger and look a bit too busy and clutter up the smooth lines you have going. Oh man, a chrome version of this would have been expecially awesome! Anyway, great job. Keep ‘em coming! :)

Thanks Dan. As I said to Bram, from an aesthetic point of view I preferred the sloping with printing on. Sounds weird, but I’m working on another MOC with unprinted wedges and frankly it looks a bit sparse, so reserve judgement until you see the flip side.

Chrome is expensive... :-( When I extrapolated the size of this ship, I realised that I’d have to make a different, smaller chrome ship...

Cheers,