 Space / 31266
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   My love affair with the 3x12 wedge slope continues:

That’s exactly what I thought when I first saw the pics on Brickshelf.

More 3x12 wedge sloped MOCs to come, by the way... ;-)

Argent Supra

I like it, but... I think the printed slopes make it a little too busy. I think the design would look more cohesive if some of the slopes were Brassoed. For starters, I’d do one level of slopes on the front end, so the pattern isn’t repeated with 2 bricks height, and I’d also remove the printing on the inside leading edge of the wing. If that looks better, it might be worth seeing how those bare slopes look at your engine exhausts. If the larger expanses of color help define the shape better, maybe it’s worth it to Brasso almost all of them.

I’m disagreeing with a few people here, but I don’t think that the printing makes it look too busy. Indeed, it was something I considered while building it, and in the end I decided that I preferred the detail level conferred, especially in the way it added some extra silver details to an already-partly-silver MOC.

It’s a purely aesthetic issue, I guess. I tend to dislike large expanses of featureless plastic, something I noticed with another MOC I’m currently working on, which uses a large number of unprinted red 3x12 wedges together... and they prevent a lot of detail arrangement that I would otherwise prefer. I don’t know, maybe you’ll like that MOC better!

Besides that, the shape looks very fast, and I love your engine details and use of chrome. The interior looks quite comfortable, and the loading ramp is a nice touch. The backdrop is excellent, a fantastic improvement over the white sheet! :)

Completion of the backdrop held up photography by a couple of weeks too. But it was worth it. :-)

Cheers,