 Space / 31263
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   My love affair with the 3x12 wedge slope continues:

Argent Supra

This came out a bit more old-school than I intended. And a lot bigger (it sort of strains the boundaries of whooshability!). It was originally going to be an all-silver spaceship like a Naboo starship, but I changed my mind - and conserved the lions’ share of the silver elements for another spaceship.

The landing gear is a bit fugly, but it is sturdy and extremely compact... so I left it as-is.

Cheers,

Excellent Paul!

I can’t wait to see what you do with the silver. Usually I’d prefer that they had used stickers rather than printing on bricks, but I don’t mind the printing so much on this; it helps to break up the lime. I like how the metallic decal area ties in with the metallic technic fairings. I don’t have any of those 3 x 12s in lime, so I’m not sure about the other colours, but maybe some green and earthy colours would tie in with the accents on those wedges. But, hey, whatever; it’s a great MOC. I especially like the ‘radial’ work using wedge plates on the front of the outer engines.

Way to raise the bar.

Peace and lime,

Professor Whateverly