 Space / 31264
Re: Solara Hovercar MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:47:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

   Cool- I love the venting- both on the sides with wings and the rear using ladders. The use of smooth panel (World City roof/hood) parts on the sides works well too. And the headlights look surprisingly good- I wouldn’t have tried those on a MOC this small. The tubes on the inside even add to the headlight effect- beautiful!

I’m not crazy about the color choices for some of the detailing, but then it may look better in person. The lighting makes it hard to see stuff.

Thanks Tony. (For your comments and for posting the links during the brickshelf transition)

That smooth panel actually started the idea rolling. Glad you like it. The headlights just had to be (and they practically wrap around), and those neon green lightsabers have a wonderful fiberoptic quality just with ambient light. Speaking of which, yeah, the light wasn’t the greatest. I couldn’t wait for daylight, and I think it suits the model, but you’re right about it being a little hard to see. That’s the dark red and dark blue with sand blue 1x2 grilles sandwiched between the dark gray (try it), which does look good to me, but then I may have a higher ‘colour-tolerance’ than some ;-) The whole thing is resonating with a lot of stuff in my memory that I can’t quite pin down and a few things that I can, such as the ‘66 Chrysler New Yorker I learned to drive in. So, your mileage may vary...

   It also features that canopy that Tony Hafner recently mastered with a different hinging system. (See it closed and open)

Heh- thanks for the nod!

You’re welcome.

Peace and dim lighting,

Professor Whateverly