 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1784
Subject:
Solara Hovercar MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:42:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey .spacers

Here’s a new hovercar for your consideration. It’s not based on any specific car, but definitely nods toward those late ‘60s/early ‘70s behemoths. It’s low. It’s wide. It’s powerful. It seats one. Seats ONE ??!!??!

Yes, it’s the opposite of practical and efficient, but boy can it swoosh.

There are more pics (deeplinks are 01 through 22) and it will all be here post mod.

This one was fun, but tricky; it’s been over a month (1) in the making. Tricky, because I started with the sides, then the rear, then the canopy hinge, then the headlights... the canopy was later. The engine and interior were last. That’s right... I built it from the outside in.

It also features that canopy that Tony Hafner recently mastered with a different hinging system. (See it closed and open)

I’ll be happy to discuss the finer points of construction later, but for now enjoy the pictures and PLMKWYT.

Peace and heavyness,

Professor Whateverly

(1) Yeah, I’ve been doing other things this month

Re: Solara Hovercar MOC