 Space / 31213
Re: Solara Hovercar MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:19:11 GMT

"Ley Ward" <NospaM*eonmusic@sasktel.net> wrote in message
news:HswFIw.24L6@lugnet.com...

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=72047 here post mod.>

This one was fun, but tricky; it's been over a month (1) in the making. • Tricky,
because I started with the sides, then the rear, then the canopy hinge, • then the
headlights... the canopy was later. The engine and interior were last. • That's
right... I built it from the outside in.

So what if it "rides a little bit slower" -- it looks good doin' it.  ;)  I
love the tail end of this thing.  That grill work, the tail lights--and the
fins!!!  Mmmmm, fins...   When will today's car manufacturers realize it's
time to bring back fins?!?!  And is that a premium sound system I see on
either side of the driver's head?  Man, you thought of everything.  The snot
work is very interesting too.  I like the interleaving of the red and grey
towards the back.  Good work with the underside, too.  Often people ignore
that part of a model, but yours has some great features under there.

I don't know how others do it, but I usually build from the outside in too.
First a frame to get the general shape, then usually engines (just the
nozzles) and landing gear.  Later on I fill in the empty spaces (including
any engine compartments, weapons bays, cockpit details, and assorted
greeb's).

My only complaint is that lego doesn't make a chain-link steering wheel or
fuzzy dice.  And the fact that I can't get "Low Rider" out of my head now.

-- Tom

P.S.  Could you maybe make your pictures just a little smaller.  While it is
kinda neat to see the individual polymer chains comprising each brick, it's
a wee-bit slow for us pathetic dial-up users.  :)