 Space / 31479
Re: Solara Hovercar MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:

Nice work! I really dig that use of plates to give that ribbed effect on top. And the engine looks really cool too. The car kind of reminds me of those 70’s sci-fi “car of the future” efforts, the sort of cars Syd Mead would design.

Cheers,

Thank you Paul. I appreciate the Syd Mead reference. While I didn’t specifically have him in mind, I definitely grew up immersed in his style of csrs. (And, of course, the original years of Hot Wheels, which is partly the reason for the hoodless look.)

I’m glad you liked the engine. For those who are interested, I’ve put up a photo of the engine out of the car here It’s not actually atteched, just wedged in, and though I’m not entirely happy with that arrangement, I like the engine, so it stays. There are also a few other pics taken in natural light for those who want to examine the colours: the last four pics in the Brickshelf gallery. Also don’t miss the MOC page linked to the sigfig below.

Stacked plates offer so many sculpting and detail options, it’s hard to resist them. (especially if one is short of lime green wedges ;-)

Peace and style,

Professor Whateverly

click to go for a ride...