 Space / 31222
Re: Argent Supra
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:30:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   My love affair with the 3x12 wedge slope continues:

That’s exactly what I thought when I first saw the pics on Brickshelf.

Argent Supra

I like it, but... I think the printed slopes make it a little too busy. I think the design would look more cohesive if some of the slopes were Brassoed. For starters, I’d do one level of slopes on the front end, so the pattern isn’t repeated with 2 bricks height, and I’d also remove the printing on the inside leading edge of the wing. If that looks better, it might be worth seeing how those bare slopes look at your engine exhausts. If the larger expanses of color help define the shape better, maybe it’s worth it to Brasso almost all of them.

Besides that, the shape looks very fast, and I love your engine details and use of chrome. The interior looks quite comfortable, and the loading ramp is a nice touch. The backdrop is excellent, a fantastic improvement over the white sheet! :)
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org