 Robotics / 26251
Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 04:45:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
   Second, shipping time is known to be inversely proportional, in a statistical
sense, to desire. So part of the problem is that you are expecting it so much,
it's slowing the shipping. This is a well-documented physical principle ("a
watched pot never boils" etc.), and there's just no getting around physics.

This is absolutely true. (*1) I went on vacation a week ago Wednesday, and was
REALLY hoping mine would get here before I left. It didn't. But sure enough, as
soon as I had left, and didn't care about whether it came this week or next, it
showed up. Sigh.

--
  David Schilling

(*1) Well, okay, that's just one data point, which doesn't make for a valid
theory, but this has happened on at least one other occasion. So I think it's
okay to generalize.