 Fun / 1483
Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:03:21 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

I have a whole list of non-measurements that just
aren't measuring up.

   Hey now! Let's not get personal, I don't want to have to bring my wife in on this...

Well Brian, I will give you credit for being quick, I was expecting that one
might fly over some ppls heads.

...so his first name really *is* Doctor. When others
ask you to use their title, they are being stuffy and
formal - but Dr. Science is just being friendly!

I have a feeling my "real" doctor did the exact same
thing... there is no bloody way she earned a real
degree...

   Speaking as someone who actually has gained an advanced degree... *NEVER*
assume such things correlate with general intelligence. In some case, they don't
even correlate with intelligence in the particular field.

Gee, that's so reassuring.

   If you ever get the chance, read through "The Official Dr. Science Big
Book of Science (Simplified)".

Sounds about my speed!

Dr. Science was a charecter on the Fireside theater
for a while, and the book is great. Describes things like how to do genetic
engineering

Cool! (refer back to the beginning of the post re:measuring up)

in your bathtub, using only household chemicals (it involves moldy
bread, hair care products,....

Okay, you had me right up until THIS following point...

and the hair debris that collect on the drain as raw
materials).

Brian, Im not a "girly" girl, for example, a creepy crawly spider does not make
me scream and stand on a chair, I chop my own fireword, I stick my own worm on
the hook, etc...... BUT since  I do not live alone, I DRAW the line at
collecting hair debris out of the drain.  Ewwwwww gross!!!

I set follow-ups to .fun, so the robotics group doesn't
have to be victimised or even witness our silly banter.

   Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I added rtlToronto so that they would have to
be subjected to it (seemed like a good idea at the time).

Oh giggle... nice.

Although you know, somehow, even though it WAS YOU - I will somehow get blamed
for this. Wink.

Janey "Blaming Brian, Red Brick"