 Fun / 1481
Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

I have a whole list of non-measurements that just
aren't measuring up.

   Hey now! Let's not get personal, I don't want to have to bring my wife in on
this...

...so his first name really *is* Doctor. When others
ask you to use their title, they are being stuffy and
formal - but Dr. Science is just being friendly!

I have a feeling my "real" doctor did the exact same
thing... there is no bloody way she earned a real
degree...

   Speaking as someone who actually has gained an advanced degree... *NEVER*
assume such things correlate with general intelligence. In some case, they don't
even correlate with intelligence in the particular field.

Brian "shamelessly cribbed from Fireside" Davis

Well Brian, you had me until this moment... "Fireside"???

   If you ever get the chance, read through "The Official Dr. Science Big Book
of Science (Simplified)". Dr. Science was a charecter on the Fireside theater
for a while, and the book is great. Describes things like how to do genetic
engineering in your bathtub, using only household chemicals (it involves moldy
bread, hair care products, and the hair debris that collect on the drain as raw
materials).

I set follow-ups to .fun, so the robotics group doesn't
have to be victimised or even witness our silly banter.
Wink.

   Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I added rtlToronto so that they would have to
be subjected to it (seemed like a good idea at the time).

--
Brian "if it's *truely* useless trivia, I'll know it" Davis