 Robotics / 26128
Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:12:52 GMT

I think you should consider there are other factors that cause the NXT to be slower
than the RCX.  You may not be able to accurately run this speed test, until the NXT
shipping bottleneck is eased.  I assume that will be sometime next year.  I suggest
you run the test again, then.  Maybe several times.

Also, I suspect your NXT will travel over water.  That's something your RCX may not
have done during your test.

Actually, I have no idea if there is a shipping bottleneck, but if the problem
continues, maybe you should re-run the calibration program.  It's possible the light
sensor readings are different enough that it's having a hard time detecting your
door, because it was calibrated before crossing the water.

Steve

Well I also ran the same test, with both the RCX and the NXT... and the results
were so identical, it's almost shocking.

RCX - did not place order at shop&home, and strangely it never arrived.
NXT - did not place order at shop&home, and coincidentally enough, it too did
not arrive.

How weird is THAT???

Janey "The Lego fairy brought me my RCX, Red Brick"

P.S. The real reason I am responding to you Steve, is two fold, one, 'cause I
miss you, and two, 'cause I want to ask you if you have yet finished the cad of
the "simple, little blue ball pump"?  If so, please link me up, if you are
willing to share.