 Robotics / 26185
26184  |  26186
Subject:
Bluetooth problems, was Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 03:06:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Hurley wrote:

Bluetooth isn't functioning very well with mine.

A couple ideas.

It seemed to work exactly once for me on a couple laptops.  I was able to
restore it by deleting all of the virtual serial ports it created (it seems
to create one for each scan, then it looses track of which one it's supposed
to be talking to).  After it starts working, don't rescan, just use it.

The lego software didn't seem to play nice with the vendor-supplied USB
driver (in that it seemed to be fighting for which app would do the PIN
authentication).  Since it only needs a virtual serial port, I just
"updated" the device to use the native microsoft driver (calls it something
like a 'cambridge digital radio') instead.  Note you can flip back and forth
between these drivers without harm, although you will get the little
microsoft bluetooth icon as active instead of the vendor one (which will
show inactive).

Hope this help!

Sent from the LEGO Robotics forum at Nabble.com.